Re: Question from UK about US voltage

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by DaveJ, Jul 10, 2003.

  1. DaveJ

    DaveJ Guest

    "Rudolf Schwarzkopf-Zskai" <> wrote in message
    > Sorry if this has been asked here recently - does anybody know if I can
    > charge my Fujifilm MX1700 when I'm on holiday in US? Do I need something
    > that will transform the voltage, something more than a straightforward
    > travel adaptor I'd use in Europe?
    > Many thanks.
    > --
    > Rudolf - Nottingham UK - www.voguehouse.co.uk

    Won't work if it's the original Fuji charger - this is 220v only - worth
    looking for a newer 5v charger, most modern ones cover 100-250v. I've
    successfully used a Compaq PDA charger - anything with a regulated 5v
    centre-positive output 1.5Amp or better should be ok (and as others have
    said, you'll need a travel adapter for the US).

    regards,
    DaveJ.
    DaveJ, Jul 10, 2003