Re: Question for Barb Bowman: Wifi Activesync & SP2

Discussion in 'Wireless Networking' started by Sooner Al, Sep 6, 2004.

  1. Sooner Al

    Sooner Al Guest

    I forgot to mention that if you do need to open UDP Port137 then you should severely restrict access
    to that port to PCs or PocketPCs on your local network by their specific IP address. That is done in
    the firewall "Custom List" change scope settings for a particular program or service.

    http://www.microsoft.com/technet/community/columns/cableguy/cg0204.mspx

    --
    Al Jarvi (MS-MVP Windows Networking)

    Sooner Al, Sep 6, 2004

  2. In addition to what Al posted, make sure you've downloaded and
    installed the latest version of Active Sync (3.7.1)
    http://www.microsoft.com/windowsmobile/downloads/activesync37.mspx

    --
    Barb Bowman
    Expert Zone Columnist