    a 5200 series server and could not produce the same results. Please advise.

    Thank you

    Sandra @ C.D.R.
    Sandra@ C.D.R., Apr 14, 2004

  2. On Wed, 14 Apr 2004 14:13:50 -0400, "Sandra@ C.D.R." <> wrote:

    ~ AS5300-216dmm-8E1-PRI Dual AC
    ~
    ~ We test the unit and there appears to be a problem with the analog modems.
    ~ All digital calls BRI/PRI work correctly, but any calls that are connected
    ~ via the modem drops packets and/or runs 2000+ ms times. I forced the calls
    ~ to both banks for modems with the same results and have tested the PRIs with
    ~ a 5200 series server and could not produce the same results. Please advise.
    ~
    ~ Thank you
    ~
    ~ Sandra @ C.D.R.
    ~

    Please place a call into the 5300 and, from the same client using
    the same circuit path, another call into the 5200. Stay connected
    for awhile and attempt to move some data.

    Then: on a MICA modem (AS5300), get:

    show modem version
    show modem operational-status <slot>/<port>
    show modem log <slot>/<port>

    On a Microcom modem (which I *assume* you have in the AS5200; the
    AS5200 also supports MICA), get:

    show modem version
    show modem log <slot>/<port>
    modem at-mode <slot>/<port>
    AT@E1

    Aaron
    Aaron Leonard, Apr 14, 2004

  3. Sandra@ C.D.R.

    Pavlov Guest

    >~ We test the unit and there appears to be a problem with the analog modems.
    >~ All digital calls BRI/PRI work correctly, but any calls that are connected
    >~ via the modem drops packets and/or runs 2000+ ms times. I forced the calls
    >~ to both banks for modems with the same results and have tested the PRIs with
    >~ a 5200 series server and could not produce the same results. Please advise.
    >~
    >~ Thank you
    >~
    >~ Sandra @ C.D.R.

    No mention of IOS or MICA firmware. Can you give some more details
    here please. It'll help out in isolating if it is the modems or not.
    In addition to the response from the previous person, you might want
    to check out modem config. Telnet into the 5300 and do:

    sh mo ver (shows MICA firmware)
    sh ver (shows IOS version)
    sh mo conf (you shouldn't see any error codes or messages in the
    output)

    next:

    dial in to the 5300 and find out what port you're on and do:
    who (look for your username and what port you are logged)
    sh mo oper <slot>/<your port number> (shows your connection info for
    your session. etc).

    What about your modemcap? Depending on your IOS, MICA firmware, and
    modemcap, it'll make a huge difference in whether or not you'll see
    these anomolies. If I'm not mistaken, there were some memory leaks
    address in recent IOS that dealt with TCP/IP.

    My own 5300s are running IOS 12.3.5b, MICA firmware 2.9.5.0, and have
    been running like a dream. I'm not sure what your main use of your
    5300s is, but for dial-up I do recommend this combo. It is subjective
    of course. Good luck.

    - Pavlov

    Check out my pics!
    http://www.neiu.edu/~akkoziol