Re: Question about worm removal....cont'd

Discussion in 'A+ Certification' started by Tom MacIntyre, Oct 9, 2003.

  1. On Thu, 09 Oct 2003 15:44:43 GMT, "jonny bravo"
    <> wrote:

    > AVG works great for me also... tell the outlaws it costs $50 ...put a cd in the puter( pretend to install) than download it free..
    > get some of your money back...

    I've had good success with AVG and AntiVir, as well as InnoculateIT,
    now E-Trust's paid-for AV program.

    Tom

    Tom MacIntyre, Oct 9, 2003

  2. Tom MacIntyre

    Chesucat Guest

    Karl S. wrote:

    KS>I have a laptop with Norton AV 4.0 installed. That old version doesn't
    KS>seem to be supported any more, but I thought I'd toss out one question
    KS>before I install a newer version...
    KS>Is there any way to update the virus definitions in this old version of
    KS>Norton AV?

    Yeah, goto this site and down-loads the update.txt and yyyymmdd-vvv-I32.EXE files.
    Read the update.txt file for more information!

    ftp://update.symantec.com/public/english_us_canada/antivirus_definitions/norton_antivirus

    I had to do this because LiveUpdate stopped working for my version, NAV 4.08, and I
    refuse to update the new bloated software on Windows98SE!

    chesucat

    --
    chesucat_at_sdf_dit_lonestar_dot_org_dah!

    Chesucat, Oct 11, 2003