Re: Question about the old / new exams.

Discussion in 'A+ Certification' started by Kevin M, Nov 7, 2006.

  1. Kevin M

    Kevin M Guest

    "JesseRyan" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    >I have passed my A+ Core Hardware exam and I am going for my A+ OS on
    > Monday but I was wondering if the 2006 exams come into affect between
    > then and now will that mean that I have to retake both ? If someone
    > could let me know that would be great. Thank you.

    Don't sweat. The A+ exam is a joke. My 8 year old could probably pass it.
    Kevin M, Nov 7, 2006

  2. Kevin M

    JohnO Guest

    Kevin M wrote:

    > Don't sweat. The A+ exam is a joke. My 8 year old could probably pass it.

    That's nothing...my dog could pass it.

    -John O
    JohnO, Nov 7, 2006

  3. Kevin M

    JohnO Guest

    Michael A. Terrell wrote:
    > JohnO wrote:
    > >
    > > Kevin M wrote:
    > > >

    > > > Don't sweat. The A+ exam is a joke. My 8 year old could probably pass it.

    > > That's nothing...my dog could pass it.
    > >
    > > -John O

    > My dog could write the questions for your dog to take the test! ;-)
    >
    > http://home.earthlink.net/~mike.terrell/photos.

    One ShihTzu to another, works for me.
    JohnO, Nov 8, 2006
  4. Kevin M

    JohnO Guest

    > > > My dog could write the questions for your dog to take the test! ;-)
    > > >
    > > > http://home.earthlink.net/~mike.terrell/photos.

    > > One ShihTzu to another, works for me.

    > You could truthfully say, "That test was a DOG!" ;-)

    In a late attempt to inject some seriousness...considering that we're
    making fun of unintelligent little dogs who need haircuts....the 2003
    exams can be passed with a minimum of skill and a strong dose of
    multiple-choice acumen. The 2006 exams are a lot better, a lot harder
    if you want to look at it that way. The questions are better, there are
    more hard ones that make sense than before. But good luck on some of
    the customer service questions, they don't have a singe good answer.

    I have ample evidence (400+ tech school students over six years) that
    these exams were never fail-proof. 75% is the pass rate I've seen, and
    many of the students that fail have solid hands-on skills. The bottom
    line is that the exams do what they are intended to do, when they are
    used by the intended audience.

    -John O
    JohnO, Nov 9, 2006
  5. Kevin M

    Patty Guest

    On 9 Nov 2006 10:05:43 -0800, JohnO wrote:

    > In a late attempt to inject some seriousness...considering that we're
    > making fun of unintelligent little dogs who need haircuts....the 2003
    > exams can be passed with a minimum of skill and a strong dose of
    > multiple-choice acumen. The 2006 exams are a lot better, a lot harder
    > if you want to look at it that way. The questions are better, there are
    > more hard ones that make sense than before. But good luck on some of
    > the customer service questions, they don't have a singe good answer.
    >
    > I have ample evidence (400+ tech school students over six years) that
    > these exams were never fail-proof. 75% is the pass rate I've seen, and
    > many of the students that fail have solid hands-on skills. The bottom
    > line is that the exams do what they are intended to do, when they are
    > used by the intended audience.
    >
    > -John O

    Wondering how my cats would do on the test? ;)

    Kidding aside, I've never been very good at taking multiple guess tests. I
    hate them. I'd almost rather have an essay test where I can write down
    what I know rather than guessing the right answer from a list of choices.
    So, I guess I've always had to depend on really knowing the stuff, since
    I'm terrible at guessing.

    Patty
    Patty, Nov 9, 2006
  6. Kevin M

    Glenn Guest

    I passed my A+ in 1994 with no study. There was only one test then and
    it had all kinds of questions including Mac. It had just comeout and my
    boss wanted to see how someone would do with no study (i did have 40
    years computer experience).

    Glenn, Nov 10, 2006
  7. Kevin M

    JohnO Guest

    Glenn wrote:
    > I passed my A+ in 1994 with no study. There was only one test then and
    > it had all kinds of questions including Mac. It had just comeout and my
    > boss wanted to see how someone would do with no study (i did have 40
    > years computer experience).

    Same here about 1994. There was only one "A+" study tool at the time, a
    package of books by IBM...it included one on IBM DOS, not MS-DOS. The
    main book about the exam was pretty bad. But you know, because I went
    in cold, that exam tested my actual skill level like no other since.

    Do you still have the plastic A+ card? ;-)

    -John O
    JohnO, Nov 10, 2006