Re: Question about the old / new exams.

Discussion in 'A+ Certification' started by Fsimeta, Nov 2, 2006.

  1. Fsimeta

    Fsimeta Guest

    JesseRyan wrote:
    > I have passed my A+ Core Hardware exam and I am going for my A+ OS on
    > Monday but I was wondering if the 2006 exams come into affect between
    > then and now will that mean that I have to retake both ? If someone
    > could let me know that would be great. Thank you.

    I've heard it's next March when they change over.

    Fsimeta, Nov 2, 2006

  2. Fsimeta

    JohnO Guest

    Fsimeta wrote:
    > JesseRyan wrote:
    > > I have passed my A+ Core Hardware exam and I am going for my A+ OS on
    > > Monday but I was wondering if the 2006 exams come into affect between
    > > then and now will that mean that I have to retake both ? If someone
    > > could let me know that would be great. Thank you.
    > >

    > I've heard it's next March when they change over.

    http://certification.comptia.org/a/New_A_Calendar.aspx

    Dec 31 is the cutoff date for the 2003 exam. Until then both version of
    the exam are available, but you cannot mix and match between 2003 and
    2006 parts.

    -John O

    JohnO, Nov 2, 2006

  3. Fsimeta

    brill80917 Guest

    Fsimeta wrote:
    > JesseRyan wrote:
    > > I have passed my A+ Core Hardware exam and I am going for my A+ OS on
    > > Monday but I was wondering if the 2006 exams come into affect between
    > > then and now will that mean that I have to retake both ? If someone
    > > could let me know that would be great. Thank you.
    > >

    > I've heard it's next March when they change over.

    I am in the same boat--I took the 2003 objectives Hardware exam in Sep
    and am sched to take 2003 OS later this month. I emailed them I think
    it was back in July and they said as long as you complete both 2003
    objective exams before the end of 2006 you are A+ qualified and don't
    have to worry about the 2006 exam. So, you should be fine and you will
    be officially certified A+ with the passing of the OS Monday. Good luck.

    brill80917, Nov 2, 2006