Re: Question about recording video files.

Discussion in 'DVD Video' started by Netmask, Feb 5, 2010.

  1. Netmask

    Netmask Guest

    On 3/02/2010 13:22, Peter Jason wrote:
    > I have many old overseas movies which come with subtitles in
    > files, or selectable subtitles from the menu in the player
    > software such as "VLC" media player.
    >
    > I can get these to play OK on the computer, though it is
    > hard to burn them to DVD/XVid with the subtitles of my
    > choice imbedded in the image.
    >
    > Therefore I ask:
    >
    > When I play these movies on my computer, can I channel the
    > output video to another file on the HDD, which will then
    > have the movie recorded as I want it?
    >
    > That is; since the movie is being played on the computer
    > screen, is there someway to parallel this to a separate file
    > on the HDD?
    >
    > I do have a "Compro" TV card installed.
    >
    > Please help, I'm desperate:
    >
    > PJ

    VSO ConvertXtoDVD can make a set of files ready for burning to DVD that
    will allow you to switch on or off subtitles just like a regular DVD.
    To make it easy for ConvertXtoDVD pick up the subs, just put the video
    and subtitle file in the same folder. When you run VSO and add the video
    title it will pick up the sub as well. Important make sure the subtitle
    file has the same name as the video for example the film is called
    movie.avi then the subs file should also be called movie.srt (I'm
    assuming the sub is a srt file) could be sub (text) or quite a few other
    formats. http://www.vso-software.fr/
    Netmask, Feb 5, 2010