Re: Question about recording video files.

Discussion in 'DVD Video' started by Richard Crowley, Feb 4, 2010.

  1. "Peter Jason" wrote ...
    >I have many old overseas movies which come with subtitles in files, or
    >selectable subtitles from the menu in the player software such as "VLC"
    >media player.
    >
    > I can get these to play OK on the computer, though it is hard to burn them
    > to DVD/XVid with the subtitles of my choice imbedded in the image.
    >
    > Therefore I ask:
    >
    > When I play these movies on my computer, can I channel the output video to
    > another file on the HDD, which will then have the movie recorded as I want
    > it?
    >
    > That is; since the movie is being played on the computer screen, is there
    > someway to parallel this to a separate file on the HDD?
    >
    > I do have a "Compro" TV card installed.

    You might want to ask this question in rec.video.desktop

    You have a much better chance of somebody knowing a way
    of embedding your subtitles into the video images. There is
    probably some kind of "filter" for virtualdub or something like
    that.

    Richard Crowley, Feb 4, 2010