Re: Question about computer DOWNGRADING

Discussion in 'Computer Information' started by JD, Apr 26, 2010.

  1. JD

    JD Guest

    On 26/04/2010 7:22 PM, Fredd Wright wrote:
    > I work at an office which uses old software which cannot be run on a 64 bit
    > system or on Vista. The boss is pretty stubborn and refuses to upgrade or
    > change softwares. If we purchase a 64 bit Windows 7 or Vista machine at
    > Best Buy, is it possible for a computer tech to downgrade the PC to a 32-bit
    > Windows XP machine? In other words, can a 64-bit computer be downgraded to
    > a 32-bit computer? Forgive me if this is a stupid question.

    Hi there

    The new Windows is both 64 and 32 bit, you choose which to install, it
    is possible that the software may work on windows by using the
    Comparability Mode or running a virtual machine, with virtulisation you
    can ether run it from within XP or run it from the Win 7 desktop with
    the virtulisation features, Win 7 Pro/Ultimate or Enterprise come with
    XP Mode included (separate free download), Win 7 Home Premium does not
    come with XP mode however there is no reason you cannot install your own
    legitimate versions of XP (or any other version for that matter)

    Is it custom software or is it just older software and if so what
    software would it be.

    JD
    JD, Apr 26, 2010