Re: Query

Discussion in 'NZ Computing' started by Me, Feb 2, 2009.

  1. Me

    Me Guest

    KiwiBrian wrote:
    > I have been unable to receive any newsgroups from ihug for several days.
    > I am using aioe to send this.
    > Comments please from anyone using ihug for newsgroups concerning their
    > experience over the last few days.

    If you can't get Ihug sorted, then you might be interested in looking at
    the news provider that I'm using - albasani. http://albasani.net/
    When slingshot's news server faded then died last year, I tried aioe for
    a while, but service was very flaky.
    Albasani seem to be very reliable.
    Limitations with albasani are that you need to register (free), text
    only groups, and I think that if you cross-post, then followup-to needs
    to be set to one group only (testing with this message, cross-posted to
    nz.comp, f/u to nz.general)

    Me, Feb 2, 2009