Re: Qsig on MGX's

Discussion in 'Cisco' started by Alex, Apr 5, 2004.

  1. Alex

    Alex Guest

    Do you mean using QSIG/DPNSS to control the MGX, as MGCP can be used
    to control the MGX? If so, I don't think so. MGX is a Service Provider
    platform whereas QSIG/DPNSS is targeted at the enterprise. Also, a
    quick glance at MGX data sheets confirms this. I'm interested to know
    why you want to use QSIG/DPNSS on MGX?

    "John Hiller" <> wrote in message news:<Ljmac.1673$>...
    > whoops, got that one a bit wrong. Should have been dpnss.
    >

    > Also, has anyone used the PGW220?

    I too have used the SC2200! Like you, I found it is not the most
    intuitive piece of kit to configure. Once configured correctly though,
    it tends to run smoothly (apart from the odd crash, of course). The
    deficiencies in the product are probably a consequence of Cisco's
    inexperience in the Voice/SS7 world.

    You are right - the PGW2200 is the SC2200 rebadged.

    Alex, Apr 5, 2004