    things about you that I don't understand. There was a videotape of Q
    that was full-frame and which looked like shit - it will be very nice to
    have the Blue Underground DVD.

    Brockhurst Pertwee, Jul 8, 2003

  2. On Mon, 7 Jul 2003 19:31:09 -0700 (PDT), (Brockhurst Pertwee)
    wrote:

    >I'm not sure why you would need to see the tops of skyscrapers that the
    >DP and director did not intend you to see, but then there are many
    >things about you that I don't understand. There was a videotape of Q
    >that was full-frame and which looked like shit - it will be very nice to
    >have the Blue Underground DVD.

    What's it to you if he wants to see the skyscrapers? I saw the VHS and it was crappy, but the
    current DVD issue is just fine. How do you speak for the director and what he wanted you to
    see? Skyscrapers are an integral part of the story. Quit being such snot.

    Dr. Speedbyrd:>, Jul 8, 2003

  3. Brockhurst Pertwee

    Scot Gardner Guest

    wrote:

    >I'm not sure why you would need to see the tops of skyscrapers that the
    >DP and director did not intend you to see, but then there are many
    >things about you that I don't understand. There was a videotape of Q
    >that was full-frame and which looked like shit - it will be very nice
    >to have the Blue Underground DVD.

    <<What's it to you if he wants to see the skyscrapers? I saw the VHS
    and it was crappy, but the current DVD issue is just fine. How do you
    speak for the director and what he wanted you to see? Skyscrapers are
    an integral part of the story. Quit being such snot.>>

    Thank you! I guess now it's OK for me to also enjoy the aerial
    photography featured at the beginning of _West Side Story_.

    _Q-The Winged Serpent_ is the only movie that I have found which
    features the Chrysler Building as a main character. Movies featuring the
    Empire State Building are a dime a dozen, but the Chrysler Building has
    only one movie to its credit.

    My latest Amazon book purchases were:

    The Empire State Building
    - Lewis W. Hine

    The Empire State Building
    (The Making of a Landmark)
    - John Tauranac

    Otis Giving Rise to the Modern City: Giving Rise to the Modern City
    - Jason Goodwin

    The Chrysler Building
    (Creating a New York Icon, Day By Day)
    - David Stravitz

    _The Chrysler Building_ book has some unique and fascinating information
    regarding the various floor plans used as the tower narrowed toward the
    top. It is the top floors of the Chrysler building which are the most
    mysterious since they have been closed to the general public since the
    early '30s. Of particular interest to me are the pictures which show the
    phases of construction as the dome and spire were being built. This book
    has interior pictures showing the observation deck on the 71st floor, an
    interior shot of the 77th floor (which is just under the spire) as well
    as several aerial photos of the building.

    The views of the Chrysler Building shown in _Q-The Winged Serpent_ are
    outstanding.

    Scot Gardner, Jul 8, 2003
  4. On Mon, 7 Jul 2003 22:19:20 -0700, "Scot Gardner" <> wrote:

    >"Dr. Speedbyrd:>" <> wrote in message
    >
    >On Mon, 7 Jul 2003 19:31:09 -0700 (PDT),
    >(Brockhurst Pertwee)
    >wrote:
    >
    >>I'm not sure why you would need to see the tops of skyscrapers that the
    >>DP and director did not intend you to see, but then there are many
    >>things about you that I don't understand. There was a videotape of Q
    >>that was full-frame and which looked like shit - it will be very nice
    >>to have the Blue Underground DVD.

    ><<What's it to you if he wants to see the skyscrapers? I saw the VHS
    >and it was crappy, but the current DVD issue is just fine. How do you
    >speak for the director and what he wanted you to see? Skyscrapers are
    >an integral part of the story. Quit being such snot.>>
    >

    >Thank you! I guess now it's OK for me to also enjoy the aerial
    >photography featured at the beginning of _West Side Story_.
    >
    >_Q-The Winged Serpent_ is the only movie that I have found which
    >features the Chrysler Building as a main character. Movies featuring the
    >Empire State Building are a dime a dozen, but the Chrysler Building has
    >only one movie to its credit.
    >
    >My latest Amazon book purchases were:
    >
    > The Empire State Building
    > - Lewis W. Hine
    >
    > The Empire State Building
    > (The Making of a Landmark)
    > - John Tauranac
    >
    > Otis Giving Rise to the Modern City: Giving Rise to the Modern City
    > - Jason Goodwin
    >
    > The Chrysler Building
    > (Creating a New York Icon, Day By Day)
    > - David Stravitz
    >
    >_The Chrysler Building_ book has some unique and fascinating information
    >regarding the various floor plans used as the tower narrowed toward the
    >top. It is the top floors of the Chrysler building which are the most
    >mysterious since they have been closed to the general public since the
    >early '30s. Of particular interest to me are the pictures which show the
    >phases of construction as the dome and spire were being built. This book
    >has interior pictures showing the observation deck on the 71st floor, an
    >interior shot of the 77th floor (which is just under the spire) as well
    >as several aerial photos of the building.
    >
    >The views of the Chrysler Building shown in _Q-The Winged Serpent_ are
    >outstanding.

    Agreed on all acounts. I always thought the Chrysler building was the most beautiful in NY.

    I would imagine many, if not all of the interior shots for 'Q' were done on a movie set, but
    patterned closely after the real thing. Pretty good flic when it comes down to it.

    Dr. Speedbyrd:>, Jul 8, 2003