Re: Q. How hard are the other common MCSE exams?

Discussion in 'MCSE' started by Grog in Ohio, Jul 8, 2003.

  1. Grog in Ohio

    Grog in Ohio Guest

    028 and 029 are stale, old software. Don't waste your time. Instead go for
    SQL 2000, 70-228 and 70-229... I'd rate them 7/10 and 8/10 respectively.
    70-229 actually rivals 70-216!!

    Grog

    Grog in Ohio, Jul 8, 2003

  2. Grog in Ohio

    billyw Guest

    i honestly dont see what the big deal is about 216.
    it's not near as bad as people make out...
    read a ccna book then sit down and go thru 216 and it is really easy (sort
    of)

    billyw, Jul 8, 2003

  3. Grog in Ohio

    licknlabia Guest

    Why would you read a CCNA book for a MS test? Does Cisco talk about how to
    use win2k srvr for RRAS, DNS, DHCP, WINS, hmmm, it doesn't. A CCNA book is
    probably only going to explain the subnetting.

    For 216, read the book, and do what you think is necessary, if you
    understand what's going on, then it really is a piece of cake. You will
    probably need to find some material on www.microsoft.com/technet to gain a
    better understanding of how to calculate subnets. The MSPress book is not
    good at that.

    - rg

    licknlabia, Jul 9, 2003
  4. Grog in Ohio

    billyw Guest

    i didn't read the ccna book forthe MS test, but found the info from reading
    a ccna book previously made 216 far easier.
    the basic understanding of netowrking etc coupled with what the 216 track
    covers make 216 quite a straightforward exam.
    As for subnetting 216 hardly touches on that.

    billyw, Jul 9, 2003
  5. The 216 exam, as classed by most people, is the hard one.
    If you do this stuff every day, it may be easy, but not a
    lot of us do.
    Often, you get the job that you prove that you could do
    via by getting qualified first. Or you get the experience
    first then seek the qualification.
    So, Mr Labia, think outside the box, there's a lot of
    people out there not in the same situation as you seem to
    be in.

    Back to the CCNA reference - that was a silly
    comment...but a relevant point. Being a CCNA will help a
    lot with RIP and OSPF concepts and will give an advantage.
    216 was less vendor specific than I thought...and having
    broader exposure in a heterogeneous environment is a great
    help in passing this bastard..sodding.... exam.

    Mark Griffiths, Jul 9, 2003
  6. Grog in Ohio

    KLXrider Guest

    Re: Sorry Mr Labia....

    On Wed, 9 Jul 2003 04:02:31 -0700, "Mark Griffiths"
    <> wrote:

    >I meant to flame the BillyW WoS - you raises some good
    >points....

    quit licking his labia.....

    KLXrider, Jul 9, 2003