Re: Push rather than PULL email

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Whiskers, Apr 4, 2009.

  1. Whiskers

    Whiskers Guest

    On 2009-04-04, securiy <> wrote:
    > suppose having email on the mobile is all well and fine ... but urghhh
    > need to keep sychronising ... an every tim the important email i hav been
    > waiting
    > on arrivs seconds after i synchro ! grrrrr
    >
    > I think blackberry is a kind of PUSH sevice aint it , ? it tells you when
    > mail arrived rather than having to check it all the time ? yeah ?
    >
    > is there any other such services available ?

    RIM use their own proprietary system for their Blackberry users. The
    generic, 'open', equivalent is "IMAP IDLE". Some email service providers
    offer that, and so do some mobile phone services. See this for example
    <http://www.theregister.co.uk/2009/03/17/t_mobile_push/>.

    > im in UK and at what cost !

    I don't know what it costs you to be in the UK.

    --
    -- Whiskers

    Whiskers, Apr 4, 2009