Re: Pulling my hair out ......

Discussion in 'A+ Certification' started by Adam Leinss, Jun 18, 2005.

  1. Adam Leinss

    Adam Leinss Guest

    Barry Watzman <> wrote in
    news:siFre.39081$:

    > Anyone have any idea what could be going on here?

    Sounds like Windows 98 doesn't like something in the MBR. Have you
    tried zeroing out the whole hard drive and starting again? Are you
    getting any errors during the Windows 98 re-install? Even though you
    are deleting and recreating there could be crap in the partition table
    that is perhaps not getting flushed out.

    Oh, you have do a virus scan right?

    Adam

    Adam Leinss, Jun 18, 2005

  2. Adam Leinss

    «BONEHEAD>> Guest

    "Adam Leinss" <> wrote in message
    > Barry Watzman <> wrote in
    >
    >> Anyone have any idea what could be going on here?

    > Sounds like Windows 98 doesn't like something in the MBR. Have you
    > tried zeroing out the whole hard drive and starting again? Are you
    > getting any errors during the Windows 98 re-install? Even though you
    > are deleting and recreating there could be crap in the partition table
    > that is perhaps not getting flushed out.
    >
    > Oh, you have do a virus scan right?

    zeroing out seems like the best option... I have a removable hard drive
    that I use at school, that has seen so many installs of so many OS's,
    and so many file systems, that the only remedy was to completely
    wipe it, in order to get rid of stray info. Also this kinda goes to the
    technician's most fundamental rule... Eliminate all possible problems...

    --
    <B0N3H3@D>

    «BONEHEAD>>, Jun 19, 2005