Re: Public Address

Discussion in 'UK VOIP' started by ßødincµs, Sep 12, 2008.

  1. ßødincµs

    ßødincµs Guest

    Jono wrote:
    > Hello,
    >
    > Has anyone any suggestions for connecting a Tannoy or PA amplifier to an
    > IP-PBX?
    >
    > Regular PBXes have a specific connection for the amp; anything suitable
    > for an IP-PBX?
    >
    > Cheers.

    Another fancy idea: all SNOM phones (and probably many other brands, but
    I can't vouch for them) can be used as hands-off intercoms/pagers, to
    say you can use the speakerphone to page a specific person, or to page
    everybody.
    When all speakerphones relay your voice throughout all offices it's a
    very effective Tannoy...
    HTH
    --
    ßødincµs - The Y2K Druid
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

    [Linux *is* user friendly.]
    [It's just selective about]
    [ who its friends are. ]

    ßødincµs, Sep 12, 2008

  2. ßødincµs

    Tim Guest

    ßødincµs wrote:

    > Another fancy idea: all SNOM phones (and probably many other brands, but
    > I can't vouch for them) can be used as hands-off intercoms/pagers, to
    > say you can use the speakerphone to page a specific person, or to page
    > everybody.
    > When all speakerphones relay your voice throughout all offices it's a
    > very effective Tannoy...

    Yes, works well.

    Tim

    Tim, Sep 12, 2008