Re: PSU?

Discussion in 'Computer Information' started by JD, Jun 27, 2009.

  1. JD

    JD Guest

    Dejacq wrote:
    > My desktop power light is on but nothing else. It won't boot up, won't
    > turn off etc.
    > It will be the PSU right?

    Hi there

    What type of CPU/Mobo is it, and what's the Wattage of the PSU,
    branded/unbranded?

    It could be various things but PSU's do tend to go especially if they
    are the cheap type that gets included with the case, I have seen P4
    systems not working (power light on, cpu fan on) with an apparently
    working PSU, however it turned out to be that the PSU was not supplying
    the correct voltage It would only work with a minimum of a 450w PSU

    you can get psu's cheap or a PSU tester (or if you have a multimeter
    lying around) its probably the cheapest and most logical place to start,
    oh and one thing to also try is clearing your CMOS (remove battery for a
    minute or use the jumper) I've seen cheap mobos hang with a cmos error
    this way (you know those cheapo pc chips boards)

    JD
    JD, Jun 27, 2009