Re: PSP7 vs PE2

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by zbzbzb, Dec 4, 2003.

  1. zbzbzb

    zbzbzb Guest

    >Just the clean feel of the thing, the color matching and handling, the
    >color and tone 'marching ant' selection, all beat PSP in my opinion.
    >PSP is also 'sharper', by their own admission, as a design 'feature'.
    >They, and others, believe that PS introduces a subtle blur in many
    >operations to keep from introducing jaggies and other artifacts.

    So PS is blurring your images without your consent and PSP is sharpening? I
    find that to be a ridiculous notion.

    >>IMO PS is over-specified for a photographers tool and you pay a lot of money
    >>for features you will never use.

    >Until you go to print, perhaps. But even before that, you had various
    >sorts of macros/automation for the longest time, when people were
    >screaming to JASC to include such in PSP

    Yeah but it is not included in 8 at a fraction of the cost of having to buy PS.
    zbzbzb, Dec 4, 2003

  2. zbzbzb

    Chris Cox Guest

    In article <>, Mark Johnson
    <> wrote:

    > bzbzb (zbzbzb) wrote:
    >
    > >>Just the clean feel of the thing, the color matching and handling, the
    > >>color and tone 'marching ant' selection, all beat PSP in my opinion.
    > >>PSP is also 'sharper', by their own admission, as a design 'feature'.
    > >>They, and others, believe that PS introduces a subtle blur in many
    > >>operations to keep from introducing jaggies and other artifacts.

    > >So PS is blurring your images without your consent and PSP is sharpening? I
    > >find that to be a ridiculous notion.

    > No, I think the PSP guys, themselves, said that they really do
    > nothing, and PS blurs as part of various operations.

    In which case they're lying, or don't understand how image processing
    works. (because Photoshop does no such thing)

    Either way it's a bad claim for them to be making.

    Chris
    Chris Cox, Dec 8, 2003

  3. zbzbzb

    Mark Johnson Guest

    Chris Cox <> wrote:

    >> No, I think the PSP guys, themselves, said that they really do
    >> nothing, and PS blurs as part of various operations.

    >In which case they're lying, or don't understand how image processing
    >works. (because Photoshop does no such thing)

    >Either way it's a bad claim for them to be making.
    >Chris

    I'm going to have to take that back. The only Usenet message I can
    find, now, on groups.google that seems related to this, in this single
    message. If I can find what I think I remember of the other messages
    I'll post the URLs here. But I can't find anything, now.
    Mark Johnson, Dec 8, 2003