Re: Prove important update [I hope nobody fell for this scam]

Discussion in 'Microsoft Certification' started by Stephen J. Rush, Dec 29, 2003.

  1. On Mon, 29 Dec 2003 08:34:06 GMT, "PSLATTER" <>
    wrote:

    >Microsoft Client
    >
    >this is the latest version of security update, the
    >"December 2003, Cumulative Patch" update which resolves
    >all known security vulnerabilities affecting
    >MS Internet Explorer, MS Outlook and MS Outlook Express
    >as well as three new vulnerabilities.
    >Install now to protect your computer
    >from these vulnerabilities, the most serious of which could
    >allow an attacker to run code on your computer.
    >This update includes the functionality of all previously released patches.
    >
    >System requirements: Windows 95/98/Me/2000/NT/XP
    >This update applies to:
    > - MS Internet Explorer, version 4.01 and later
    > - MS Outlook, version 8.00 and later
    > - MS Outlook Express, version 4.01 and later
    >
    >Recommendation: Customers should install the patch at the earliest opportunity.
    >How to install: Run attached file. Choose Yes on displayed dialog box.
    >How to use: You don't need to do anything after installing this item.

    Microsoft ***NEVER*** distributes patches by email or Usenet.
    I haven't tried to disassemble that .exe, but it has to be malware.
    Stephen J. Rush, Dec 29, 2003