Re: Protection Against Keylogging

Discussion in 'Computer Security' started by Bog Witch, Feb 10, 2009.

  1. Bog Witch

    Bog Witch Guest

    Glen wrote:
    > What's the best way to protect yourself against keylogging?
    >
    > I have seen different techniques and the best so far appears to a
    > virtual keyboard. However, if you download virtual keyboard software,
    > there's no way to tell whether it's trustworthy or not? But, if you use
    > an online virtual keyboard, then surely a clipboard logger would be able
    > to log it anyway?

    Don't install keyloggers?

    Bog Witch, Feb 10, 2009

  2. Bog Witch

    Bog Witch Guest

    Glen wrote:
    > "Bog Witch" <> wrote in message
    >
    >>> What's the best way to protect yourself against keylogging?

    >> Don't install keyloggers?

    > Mmm. What about drive-by downloads?

    Same rules apply. Don't install them and don't allow them to be installed.

    Bog Witch, Feb 10, 2009

  3. Bog Witch

    Bog Witch Guest

    Glen wrote:
    > "Bog Witch" <> wrote in message

    >>> Mmm. What about drive-by downloads?

    >> Same rules apply. Don't install them and don't allow them to be
    >> installed.

    > And what about exploited security vulnerabilities where you have no
    > knowledge of them? Contrary to popular belief, it's possible even if
    > you don't open potentially harmful email attachments, download/install
    > software, etc.

    That falls into the category of 'don't allow them to be installed'

    Don't run with elevated privileges, keep patched, use a decent browser
    with security extensions and whitelist allowed applications therefore
    keyloggers or any other malware will not be permitted to execute.

    Bog Witch, Feb 10, 2009