Re: Proshow Problem

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by ed, Oct 24, 2004.

  1. ed

    ed Guest

    "Drunkard" <> wrote in message
    > I am trying to make some slide shows of still photos and when I made
    > them on PROSHOW and burnt them to a DVD, the DVD player tells me that
    > there is a DISC ERROR.
    >
    > I have 4 shows on the DVD and have added MP3 music to the shows.
    >
    > I have used the DVD's before for other things and they work fine.
    >
    > Any ideas there, or is there a better program.

    Hey Drunkard,

    I added rec.photo.digital to your post.

    I don't know what the problem is but I would be extremely surprised if you
    could find a better program than Proshow!

    Are you using a different brand, or format of DVD?

    ed
    ed, Oct 24, 2004

  2. ed

    Ken Weitzel Guest

    ed wrote:
    > "Drunkard" <> wrote in message
    >
    >>I am trying to make some slide shows of still photos and when I made
    >>them on PROSHOW and burnt them to a DVD, the DVD player tells me that
    >>there is a DISC ERROR.
    >>
    >>I have 4 shows on the DVD and have added MP3 music to the shows.
    >>
    >>I have used the DVD's before for other things and they work fine.
    >>
    >>Any ideas there, or is there a better program.

    > Hey Drunkard,
    >
    > I added rec.photo.digital to your post.
    >
    > I don't know what the problem is but I would be extremely surprised if you
    > could find a better program than Proshow!
    >
    > Are you using a different brand, or format of DVD?
    >
    > ed

    Ed, it sounds to me like a classic case of burning
    his dvd's in a format that the dvd player he's using
    doesn't support. Failing that, perhaps using +'s, and
    trying to play them on a machine that only recognizes
    -'s.

    Ken
    Ken Weitzel, Oct 24, 2004

  3. ed

    Mark M Guest

    "ed" <> wrote in message
    > "Drunkard" <> wrote in message
    > > I am trying to make some slide shows of still photos and when I made
    > > them on PROSHOW and burnt them to a DVD, the DVD player tells me that
    > > there is a DISC ERROR.
    > >
    > > I have 4 shows on the DVD and have added MP3 music to the shows.
    > >
    > > I have used the DVD's before for other things and they work fine.
    > >
    > > Any ideas there, or is there a better program.

    > Hey Drunkard,
    >
    > I added rec.photo.digital to your post.
    >
    > I don't know what the problem is but I would be extremely surprised if you
    > could find a better program than Proshow!
    >
    > Are you using a different brand, or format of DVD?

    Make sure you're using -R discs.
    Don't make the mistake of using +Rs as they don't work in many DVD players.
    Also... Check for updates to the program. There are frequent updates
    offered for free from Photodex. Many of these are specifically regarding
    the DVD burning process. ProShow should check for these automatically if
    you are onthe internet at the time of burning...
    Mark M, Oct 24, 2004