Re: PROMETRIC NIGHTMARE

Discussion in 'MCSA' started by blastingfonda, May 16, 2005.

  1. Anonymous wrote:
    > After driving 3 hours (the night before the test), and spending $70

    to stay
    > at a hotel, Prometric was unable to "download" my 70-270 test, and

    therefore
    > could not administer my test. They could not reschedule me at their

    site.
    > They gave me the infamous 800 number to reschedule my exam. After

    about 5
    > minutes of "if this, then press that, and if that, then press this",

    I was
    > finally able to reschedule my exam. I asked if they could issue me

    some
    > form of credit as compensation for the money already spent.
    >
    > They gave me the infamous 800 number to call and told me to press

    option 2.
    > After waiting on the phone for 1 hour I hung up. I called back the
    > registration number and got through right away. They gave me a
    > song-and-dance about wait time being a function of number of calls

    versus
    > available supervisors. Duh. I was so happy to learn that technical

    secret
    > that I feel like sending them another $125 !
    >
    > The moral of my story is "god help you" if you need to contact

    Prometric if
    > you have a problem. I lost a vacation day and $100 not to mention my

    time.
    > I'm not impressed. They list specific Test Center phone numbers on

    their
    > website, but when you call it you get routed to - you guessed it -

    the
    > infamous national 800 number. They are very efficient at taking your

    money,
    > but not very efficient at helping you out when you have a problem.

    Sounds awful. I really wonder what function Prometric and Pearson Vue
    serves. They didn't design the tests - Microsoft and / or a third party
    like MeasureUp does that. They don't provide the hardware that the test
    is taken on - the testing centers provide that and - to my knoweldge -
    receive no compensation. So what does Prometric do to earn your $125?
    Provide "high availability" download servers that obviously aren't
    always available, customer service lines that don't provide very good
    customer service, and scheduling websites that are poorly designed.

    blastingfonda, May 16, 2005

  2. blastingfonda

    Briscobar Guest

    In news:,
    blastingfonda <> rambled:

    > Sounds awful. I really wonder what function Prometric and Pearson Vue
    > serves. They didn't design the tests - Microsoft and / or a third
    > party like MeasureUp does that. They don't provide the hardware that
    > the test is taken on - the testing centers provide that and - to my
    > knoweldge - receive no compensation. So what does Prometric do to
    > earn your $125? Provide "high availability" download servers that
    > obviously aren't always available, customer service lines that don't
    > provide very good customer service, and scheduling websites that are
    > poorly designed.

    Sorta like Tom Smykowski.

    --

    KB - MCNGP "silent thug" #26

    Briscobar AT gmail DOT com

    You can check out Kat's hawt pics...er, pic...at www.mcngp.com.

    Briscobar, May 16, 2005

  3. blastingfonda

    JaR Guest

    In microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcsa, Briscobar expostulated for all the
    world to hear;

    > In news:,
    > blastingfonda <> rambled:
    >>
    >> Sounds awful. I really wonder what function Prometric and Pearson Vue
    >> serves. They didn't design the tests - Microsoft and / or a third
    >> party like MeasureUp does that. They don't provide the hardware that
    >> the test is taken on - the testing centers provide that and - to my
    >> knoweldge - receive no compensation. So what does Prometric do to
    >> earn your $125? Provide "high availability" download servers that
    >> obviously aren't always available, customer service lines that don't
    >> provide very good customer service, and scheduling websites that are
    >> poorly designed.

    > Sorta like Tom Smykowski.

    I hear Microsoft is gonna start making vacuum cleaners.

    Finally they will be selling a product that doesn't suck!

    --
    JaR
    Thug 10110

    JaR, May 16, 2005