Re: projector resolution

Discussion in 'DVD Video' started by Grand Inquisitor, Sep 2, 2003.

  1. Joshua Zyber wrote:
    >(of course everybody
    >>knows about the inherent black level problem with LCD projectors)

    > The gap is closing, and most current DLP models have perfectly solid
    > black levels.

    But the cheap ones are DLP, and he was asking about the cheap ones,
    you're not paying attention to what I'm saying.

    > Front projection is the true future of home theater. Anything else is
    > just a TV.

    No, it ain't. The future is high definition wallpaper (seriously, there
    are about one hundred research institutions and corporations already
    working on wall-sized displays on paper-thin material).

    and tagging wildebeests."
    --Michael J. Nelson

    Grand Inquisitor

    Grand Inquisitor, Sep 2, 2003

  2. Grand Inquisitor

    Joshua Zyber Guest

    "Grand Inquisitor" <> wrote in message
    > > The gap is closing, and most current DLP models have perfectly solid
    > > black levels.

    > But the cheap ones are DLP, and he was asking about the cheap ones,
    > you're not paying attention to what I'm saying.

    Should I assume that you meant to say "the cheap one's *aren't* DLP"?
    The Infocus X1 is DLP, very affordable, and has good black levels.

    Joshua Zyber, Sep 2, 2003