Re: Profits down, Dpreview begins the "outsourcing"

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by Robert Coe, Oct 2, 2011.

  1. Robert Coe

    Robert Coe Guest

    On Thu, 29 Sep 2011 22:14:00 -0500, Rich <> wrote:
    : http://forums.dpreview.com/forums/read.asp?forum=1022&message=39476744
    :
    : Free moderators beats having to pay them.

    Actually, there's nothing in the cited article to indicate that DP Review's
    profits are down. Do you know it to be the case, or is this just another
    example of imaginary insight or wishful thinking?

    Bob
    Robert Coe, Oct 2, 2011

  2. Robert Coe

    PeterN Guest

    On 10/2/2011 11:34 PM, Rich wrote:
    > Robert Coe<> wrote in
    >
    >> On Thu, 29 Sep 2011 22:14:00 -0500, Rich<> wrote:
    >> : http://forums.dpreview.com/forums/read.asp?forum=1022&message=39476744
    >> :
    >> : Free moderators beats having to pay them.
    >>
    >> Actually, there's nothing in the cited article to indicate that DP
    >> Review's profits are down. Do you know it to be the case, or is this
    >> just another example of imaginary insight or wishful thinking?
    >>
    >> Bob
    >>

    > Some people have mentioned it to me, but unless Amazon releases
    > individual statements as to specific divison profits and loss, I won't
    > know for sure. I'd like to see a traffic report though.

    And who are you to be entitled to it?
    Do you think every entity has an obligation to disclose all details of
    its operations?
    I can imagine the cost of responding to crackpots who claim they know
    how to run a company, from their mother's basement.

    --
    Peter
    PeterN, Oct 4, 2011

  3. Robert Coe

    Irwell Guest

    On Mon, 03 Oct 2011 19:06:00 -0400, PeterN wrote:

    > On 10/2/2011 11:34 PM, Rich wrote:
    >> Robert Coe<> wrote in
    >>
    >>> On Thu, 29 Sep 2011 22:14:00 -0500, Rich<> wrote:
    >>> : http://forums.dpreview.com/forums/read.asp?forum=1022&message=39476744
    >>> :
    >>> : Free moderators beats having to pay them.
    >>>
    >>> Actually, there's nothing in the cited article to indicate that DP
    >>> Review's profits are down. Do you know it to be the case, or is this
    >>> just another example of imaginary insight or wishful thinking?
    >>>
    >>> Bob
    >>>

    >> Some people have mentioned it to me, but unless Amazon releases
    >> individual statements as to specific divison profits and loss, I won't
    >> know for sure. I'd like to see a traffic report though.

    > And who are you to be entitled to it?
    > Do you think every entity has an obligation to disclose all details of
    > its operations?
    > I can imagine the cost of responding to crackpots who claim they know
    > how to run a company, from their mother's basement.

    DPReview used to have that sort of info on their webpage some years
    ago when they were trying to get vendors interested.
    Irwell, Oct 4, 2011
  4. Robert Coe

    RichA Guest

    On Oct 3, 7:06 pm, PeterN <> wrote:
    > On 10/2/2011 11:34 PM, Rich wrote:
    >

    > > Robert Coe<>  wrote in

    > >> On Thu, 29 Sep 2011 22:14:00 -0500, Rich<>  wrote:
    > >> :http://forums.dpreview.com/forums/read.asp?forum=1022&message=39476744
    > >> :
    > >> : Free moderators beats having to pay them.

    > >> Actually, there's nothing in the cited article to indicate that DP
    > >> Review's profits are down. Do you know it to be the case, or is this
    > >> just another example of imaginary insight or wishful thinking?

    > >> Bob

    > > Some people have mentioned it to me, but unless Amazon releases
    > > individual statements as to specific divison profits and loss, I won't
    > > know for sure. I'd like to see a traffic report though.

    > And who are you to be entitled to it?
    > Do you think every entity has an obligation to disclose all details of
    > its operations?
    > I can imagine the cost of responding to crackpots who claim they know
    > how to run a company, from their mother's basement.

    Entitled to it? I don't know. How much are they required to disclose
    as a public company? Or, is Dpreview held at "arm's length" so they
    don't fall under any such rules?
    RichA, Oct 5, 2011
  5. Robert Coe

    PeterN Guest

    On 10/5/2011 2:13 PM, RichA wrote:
    > On Oct 3, 7:06 pm, PeterN<> wrote:
    >> On 10/2/2011 11:34 PM, Rich wrote:
    >>

    >>> Robert Coe<> wrote in

    >>> Some people have mentioned it to me, but unless Amazon releases
    >>> individual statements as to specific divison profits and loss, I won't
    >>> know for sure. I'd like to see a traffic report though.

    >> And who are you to be entitled to it?
    >> Do you think every entity has an obligation to disclose all details of
    >> its operations?
    >> I can imagine the cost of responding to crackpots who claim they know
    >> how to run a company, from their mother's basement.
    >>

    > Entitled to it? I don't know. How much are they required to disclose
    > as a public company? Or, is Dpreview held at "arm's length" so they
    > don't fall under any such rules?

    You are free to read the disclosure requirements, if Dpreview is subject
    to them.
    Repeat why do you feel you are entitled to that information?

    --
    Peter
    PeterN, Oct 6, 2011