Re: Profits down, Dpreview begins the "outsourcing"

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by PeterN, Oct 1, 2011.

  1. PeterN

    PeterN Guest

    On 9/30/2011 5:30 PM, Eric Stevens wrote:
    > On Thu, 29 Sep 2011 22:14:00 -0500, Rich<> wrote:
    >
    >> http://forums.dpreview.com/forums/read.asp?forum=1022&message=39476744
    >>
    >> Free moderators beats having to pay them.

    > There is nothing new about this. Various sites (e.g. Corel, Microsoft)
    > have been doing it for years.
    >
    > Regards,
    >
    > Eric Stevens

    Yup! And those moderators are mostly dedicated and make some valuable
    contributions to the users.

    --
    Peter

    PeterN, Oct 1, 2011

  2. "Rich" <> wrote in message
    []
    > I postex a mini review of some optics on one moderated site. I posted
    > that, "The one scope clubbed the other like a baby seal." Some
    > eurotrash
    > moderator (probably one of those whining b------ who oppose seal hunting
    > because they are cuter than the gooses the eurotrash force feed their
    > whole lives to produce enlarged livers and more pate) cut the reference
    > and then cut people's responses who referenced it in a basic quote to
    > address the review. Then the eurotrash cut the entire thread! The
    > thread title was a metaphor, apparenly lost on the dour european. I got
    > emails from people expressive disgust with it, that some mincy little
    > european would bring their personal political beliefs into play when
    > moderating a forum. Moderators are humans and their political
    > correctness (or FEAR) makes them do things NOT in the best interest of
    > unfettered discourse.

    It seems to me that, for someone with scientific leanings, your comparison
    was completely inappropriate for a review, and your subsequent racial
    prejudices do nothing to help your argument.

    David J Taylor, Oct 3, 2011

  3. > He's not prejudiced, he hates all races, ethnicities, religions, &
    > plastic equally.
    > I don't think he feels too good about himself either.
    >
    > --
    > Regards,
    >
    > Savageduck

    LOL!

    David

    David J Taylor, Oct 3, 2011
  4. Rich <> wrote:

    > eurotrash
    > eurotrash

    Rich, as an Ameritrash[1] guilty of slave catching and keeping[1]
    and eating people[1] and cutting of heads and shrinking them[1]
    and cutting the living hearts out of victims[1] you don't really
    have a grip on geography. Which makes you white trash (even if
    your skin colour is green).

    BTW, your "mini review" hyped a crap lens. Which you would
    have known if you'd ever had used it. And if you'd have used
    the lens as a club, it would have broken just by swinging it.

    -Wolfgang

    PS: I won't be reading your reply.

    [1] Yay, let's junk everything on the American continents
    into one bucket and pretend it's all the same.

    Wolfgang Weisselberg, Oct 3, 2011
  5. PeterN

    RichA Guest

    On Oct 3, 9:19 am, Wolfgang Weisselberg <>
    wrote:
    > Rich <> wrote:
    > > eurotrash
    > > eurotrash

    > Rich, as an Ameritrash[1] guilty of slave catching and keeping[1]
    > and eating people[1] and cutting of heads and shrinking them[1]
    > and cutting the living hearts out of victims[1] you don't really
    > have a grip on geography.  Which makes you white trash (even if
    > your skin colour is green).
    >
    > BTW, your "mini review" hyped a crap lens.  Which you would
    > have known if you'd ever had used it.  And if you'd have used
    > the lens as a club, it would have broken just by swinging it.
    >
    > -Wolfgang
    >
    > PS: I won't be reading your reply.

    Well, I guess then not having had slaves and not having burned
    witches, I'm not American OR Eurotrash?
    You euroleftist losers do one of two things; ignore replies or, try
    to re-direct them via your newsreader to newsgroups having nothing to
    do with the subject so others can't see replies to your statements.

    RichA, Oct 5, 2011
  6. PeterN

    RichA Guest

    On Oct 3, 12:56 pm, Savageduck <savageduck1@{REMOVESPAM}me.com> wrote:
    > On 2011-10-03 06:19:33 -0700, Wolfgang Weisselberg
    > <> said:
    >

    > > Rich <> wrote:

    > >> eurotrash
    > >> eurotrash

    > > Rich, as an Ameritrash[1] guilty of slave catching and keeping[1]
    > > and eating people[1] and cutting of heads and shrinking them[1]
    > > and cutting the living hearts out of victims[1] you don't really
    > > have a grip on geography.  Which makes you white trash (even if
    > > your skin colour is green).

    > > BTW, your "mini review" hyped a crap lens.  Which you would
    > > have known if you'd ever had used it.  And if you'd have used
    > > the lens as a club, it would have broken just by swinging it.

    > > -Wolfgang

    > > PS: I won't be reading your reply.

    > > [1] Yay, let's junk everything on the American continents
    > >     into one bucket and pretend it's all the same.

    > For one thing, Rich is Canadian, and is probably as unrepresentative of
    > that nation as he is of any other North American country (there are
    > only two others to choose from.)
    > He has illuminated his particular xenophobia and prejudices in these
    > photo-groups, and I can't believe that there are too many who hate as
    > totally as he does.
    >
    > --
    > Regards,
    >
    > Savageduck

    Can you blame someone for being xenophobic when so many countries
    around them produce such inferior policies and human beings?

    RichA, Oct 5, 2011
  7. PeterN

    wrote:
    > Rich <> wrote:
    > > eurotrash
    > > eurotrash

    > Rich, as an Ameritrash[1] guilty of slave catching and keeping[1]
    > and eating people[1] and cutting of heads and shrinking them[1]
    > and cutting the living hearts out of victims[1] you don't really
    > have a grip on geography.  Which makes you white trash (even if
    > your skin colour is green).
    >
    > BTW, your "mini review" hyped a crap lens.

    Wow! You're calling a TeleVue 76mm scope a "crap" lens??! What kind
    of mind-warping drugs are you on??!! Read this, moron.

    http://www.betterviewdesired.com/Tele-Vue-76-mm-APO.php

    RichA, Oct 5, 2011
  8. Savageduck <savageduck1@{REMOVESPAM}me.com> wrote:
    > On 2011-10-03 06:19:33 -0700, Wolfgang Weisselberg
    >> Rich <> wrote:

    >>> eurotrash
    >>> eurotrash

    >> Rich, as an Ameritrash[1] guilty of slave catching and keeping[1]
    >> and eating people[1] and cutting of heads and shrinking them[1]
    >> and cutting the living hearts out of victims[1] you don't really
    >> have a grip on geography. Which makes you white trash (even if
    >> your skin colour is green).

    >> BTW, your "mini review" hyped a crap lens. Which you would
    >> have known if you'd ever had used it. And if you'd have used
    >> the lens as a club, it would have broken just by swinging it.

    >> -Wolfgang

    >> PS: I won't be reading your reply.

    >> [1] Yay, let's junk everything on the American continents
    >> into one bucket and pretend it's all the same.

    > For one thing, Rich is Canadian,

    I *KNOW*.

    > and is probably as unrepresentative of
    > that nation as he is of any other North American country

    He's representative of an intercontinental class of people ---
    too bad one can't junk them all below the north pole's ice sheet.

    > (there are
    > only two others to choose from.)

    That's why I junked in South America, too. There _is_ a plural
    's' on "American continents" above ...

    > He has illuminated his particular xenophobia and prejudices in these
    > photo-groups, and I can't believe that there are too many who hate as
    > totally as he does.

    He cannot have illuminated anything --- he's much too underexposed
    for that. Not enlightened enough. The bulb's not dim, it's
    completely dark.

    -Wolfgang

    Wolfgang Weisselberg, Oct 6, 2011
  9. Savageduck <savageduck1@{REMOVESPAM}me.com> wrote:
    > On 2011-10-06 14:10:25 -0700, Wolfgang Weisselberg
    >>> On 2011-10-03 06:19:33 -0700, Wolfgang Weisselberg

    >>> For one thing, Rich is Canadian,

    >> I *KNOW*.

    >>> and is probably as unrepresentative of
    >>> that nation as he is of any other North American country

    >> He's representative of an intercontinental class of people ---
    >> too bad one can't junk them all below the north pole's ice sheet.

    > That is a statement that is positioned right with Rich's opinion of
    > people who don't live in his underwear.

    It might be said to be a reciprocal feeling.

    I have a hard time loving xenophobes. They always make me
    want to use a Nuremberg Funnel on them. They are, after all,
    the least gifted pupils ...

    However, a couple billion against a handful stadions filled with
    RichA-crazies is rather one-sided, so I'm not too worried,
    unless they grab power.

    >> That's why I junked in South America, too. There _is_ a plural
    >> 's' on "American continents" above ...

    > You seem to have prejudice issues as bad as those of the man from the
    > frozen North.
    > You cover both American continents with blanket condemnation, and here
    > I was thinking you might be a reasonable open minded man.

    And here I thought "Yay, let's junk everything on the American
    continents into one bucket and pretend it's all the same." was

    >>> He has illuminated his particular xenophobia and prejudices in these
    >>> photo-groups, and I can't believe that there are too many who hate as
    >>> totally as he does.

    >> He cannot have illuminated anything --- he's much too underexposed
    >> for that. Not enlightened enough. The bulb's not dim, it's
    >> completely dark.

    > So, there is some agreement in the World.

    Of course there is. Unfortunately, too many people reply
    regularly to our ... special ... group member.

    -Wolfgang

    Wolfgang Weisselberg, Oct 7, 2011