    Whenever I try to choose the 1st profile the same message comes.
    Now how do I get back to my 1st profile, where my Bookmarks are?
    Thanks.
    newbie, Feb 9, 2006

  2. Re: Profile

    newbie wrote:
    > Please help me with profile of firefox.
    > I was surfing with firefox, when it suddenly stopped and came up with Choose
    > user Profile.
    > There were two profile in the box.
    > When I chose the 1st one, I was told Firefox cannot use the profile because
    > it is in use. Please choose another profile or create a new one.
    > I had to choose the other one, but my important Bookmarks are in the 1st
    > profile.
    > Whenever I try to choose the 1st profile the same message comes.
    > Now how do I get back to my 1st profile, where my Bookmarks are?
    > Thanks.

    Bring up the Task Manager and kill any running process of firefox.exe
    you find there. Then try to open your regular profile again.

    Lee
    Leonidas Jones, Feb 9, 2006

  3. newbie

    gwtc Guest

    Re: Profile

    newbie wrote:

    > Please help me with profile of firefox. I was surfing with firefox,
    > when it suddenly stopped and came up with Choose user Profile.
    > There were two profile in the box. When I chose the 1st one, I was
    > told Firefox cannot use the profile because it is in use. Please
    > choose another profile or create a new one. I had to choose the
    > other one, but my important Bookmarks are in the 1st profile.
    > Whenever I try to choose the 1st profile the same message comes.
    > Now how do I get back to my 1st profile, where my Bookmarks are?
    > Thanks.

    Chances are you closed FF and when you reopened it you got the
    messages about Profile being in use, and to use another one or create
    a new one. Is this correct? If so, the next time this happens,
    cancel that message. Bring up the Task Manager [ctrl+alt+del] and end
    the program there. Now, restart FF and that should take care of things.

    The problem is when you closed FF or had a FF crash, sometimes the
    program doesn't close properly and its still running in the
    background. So, when you restarted it, you got the messages you did.
    gwtc, Feb 9, 2006