Re: Professional cameras not allowed

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by Paul Ciszek, Aug 20, 2012.

  1. Paul Ciszek

    Paul Ciszek Guest

    In article <2012081707353375249-savageduck1@REMOVESPAMmecom>,

    >I wouldn't be surprised that if you showed up with an M9 or a Hassy
    >H4D, you might just slide by the "DSLR cop".

    Not "DSLR", or even "SLR", but "professional camera", whatever that
    means. I just googled the Hasselblad H4D, and it appears to be large,
    expensive-looking, with a complicated lens sticking way out in front.
    I suspect that the guy paid to look for "professional cameras" would
    finger it as one such. Unless he mistook it for a videocamera from a
    previous decade, which it sort of resembles.

    Could you include a name to associate with the M9 so I could google
    that as well?

    --
    Please reply to: | "We establish no religion in this country, we
    pciszek at panix dot com | command no worship, we mandate no belief, nor

    Paul Ciszek, Aug 20, 2012

  2. Paul Ciszek

    Paul Ciszek Guest

    In article <2012082013435478840-savageduck1@REMOVESPAMmecom>,
    >On 2012-08-20 13:38:19 -0700, (Paul Ciszek) said:
    >

    >> In article <2012081707353375249-savageduck1@REMOVESPAMmecom>,
    >>>
    >>> I wouldn't be surprised that if you showed up with an M9 or a Hassy
    >>> H4D, you might just slide by the "DSLR cop".

    >> Not "DSLR", or even "SLR", but "professional camera", whatever that
    >> means. I just googled the Hasselblad H4D, and it appears to be large,
    >> expensive-looking, with a complicated lens sticking way out in front.
    >> I suspect that the guy paid to look for "professional cameras" would
    >> finger it as one such. Unless he mistook it for a videocamera from a
    >> previous decade, which it sort of resembles.
    >>
    >> Could you include a name to associate with the M9 so I could google
    >> that as well?

    >Leica M9.

    Ah, that one looks like a humble little camera like an amateur might have
    owned in the 50's or 60's. In fact, it looks a lot like the OM-D with kit
    lens. As others have pointed out, replacing the kit lens with a pancake
    lens makes the OM-D look even less intrusive.

    Paul Ciszek, Aug 21, 2012