Re: product key for RC2

Discussion in 'Windows 64bit' started by Mike Brannigan [MSFT], May 8, 2005.

  1. "tommytucker" <> wrote in message
    > what are we suppose to use for product key for RC2?
    > --
    > tommytucker

    Your not supposed to be using a pre-release/unfinished version of the
    product now that we have shipped it.
    You should either be purchasing the product or if you still need to
    evaluate/trial it then you should use the released trial versions
    see
    http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/64bit/evaluation/trial.mspx
    and
    http://www.microsoft.com/windowsserver2003/evaluation/trial/default.mspx

    --

    Regards,

    Mike
    --
    Mike Brannigan [Microsoft]

    rights

    newsgroups

    Mike Brannigan [MSFT], May 8, 2005

  2. A lot of people are having to use RC2 at the moment. Given that none of the
    orders seem to have been sent or will be until later on now, or others like
    myself have the problem with OEM keys and can't even place our exchange
    order.

    Billie Volkova, May 8, 2005

  3. Mike Brannigan [MSFT]

    John Barnes Guest

    Those who want to try the product before they commit to it are in a
    frustrating queue with no discernable end. I personally did buy the x64
    windows since that will be the end result anyway. Even if it turns out to
    be unsatisfactory now, at least keeping the 32-bit license makes sense, and
    keeping up with the evolving 64-bit implementation requires having that OS
    on your system too. I know my modem, scanner, and printer will not work
    initially and the keyboard and mouse function keys won't work either. Since
    Microsoft has chosen not to provide a list of products with 64-bit drivers
    or compatibility it is a challenge finding replacements. Throw in the
    software that won't work and you have to wonder why most people would want
    it. But since many have had 64-bit processors for a long time and have
    waited patiently I can see why they are anxious to get the product that was
    promised, but without any concern for the ability to have product in the
    pipeline. I think many who end up swapping their 32-bit system licenses for
    the 64-bit licenses will regret it, so having bad programming on the order
    page and no product to deliver is probably a blessing. They can change
    their minds when they start getting feedback here from those who buy the
    product and find out how much it costs to get back the functionality they
    had on the 32-bit system.

    John Barnes, May 8, 2005