Re: product key for RC2

Discussion in 'Windows 64bit' started by ocbwilg, May 10, 2005.

  1. ocbwilg

    ocbwilg Guest

    "Hippo" <> wrote in message
    >I have used the "upgrade your 32bit to 64bit" program only to be left in
    >the
    > dark on what is happening. I am still using RC2 with little compatibility
    > problems (amazingly all the hardware i have connected has a driver), and
    > if
    > using RC2 creates " irrelevant or erroneous results tat may not reflect
    > the
    > capabilities or
    > performance of the final now released product." it is not the users (who
    > have used the upgrade program) fault, it is Microsoft's.

    Interesting logic there. You're continuing to run pre-release software that
    may be lacking bugfixes, performance optimizations, and other changes that
    were made for the release version when the release version is available, and
    the problem with erroneous results is Microsoft's and not yours? It's
    amazing the lengths people will go to to try to avoid responsibility for
    their actions.

    > I wish Microsoft
    > would at the least have some kind of announcement on what is happening
    > with
    > this program, or even answer the emails that i have read about that have
    > not
    > been answered.

    They have said several times in this very newsgroup that they have had
    problems, and the upgrades haven't shipped yet, that your order status will
    remain pending until the order is shipped, and your credit card will not be
    charged until it is shipped. On which points do you feel Microsoft has been
    uncommunicative? Obviously if they had a ship date they would provide it,
    so I'm not sure what you're missing out on.

    ocbwilg, May 10, 2005

  2. ocbwilg

    Aldo Bleeker Guest

    ocbwilg wrote:
    > "Hippo" <> wrote in message
    >
    >>I have used the "upgrade your 32bit to 64bit" program only to be left in
    >>the
    >>dark on what is happening. I am still using RC2 with little compatibility
    >>problems (amazingly all the hardware i have connected has a driver), and
    >>if
    >>using RC2 creates " irrelevant or erroneous results tat may not reflect
    >>the
    >>capabilities or
    >>performance of the final now released product." it is not the users (who
    >>have used the upgrade program) fault, it is Microsoft's.

    > Interesting logic there. You're continuing to run pre-release software that
    > may be lacking bugfixes, performance optimizations, and other changes that
    > were made for the release version when the release version is available, and
    > the problem with erroneous results is Microsoft's and not yours? It's
    > amazing the lengths people will go to to try to avoid responsibility for
    > their actions.
    >

    >>I wish Microsoft
    >>would at the least have some kind of announcement on what is happening
    >>with
    >>this program, or even answer the emails that i have read about that have
    >>not
    >>been answered.

    > They have said several times in this very newsgroup that they have had
    > problems, and the upgrades haven't shipped yet, that your order status will
    > remain pending until the order is shipped, and your credit card will not be
    > charged until it is shipped. On which points do you feel Microsoft has been
    > uncommunicative? Obviously if they had a ship date they would provide it,
    > so I'm not sure what you're missing out on.

    I second that! If you run beta software (RC2), you can't blame Microsoft
    for any errors you might find. Or do you mean you have to run it because
    MS hasn't provided you with any alternatives? A downloadable trial
    version of XP Pro x64 would be nice, I grant you that, but that will
    come "soon", and like Mike said, you can always download 2003 EE x64, or
    purchase Pro x64.

    That said, even though I think MS has gone out of it's way to help us
    out (thanks guys, you know who I'm referring to), and have been very
    clear and courteous in their communications in this newsgroup, I do feel
    this third party that handles the actual TAP (productorder.com?) aren't
    doing a great job at all. There were some serious problems with the
    order form, I know that in a lot of cases they didn't send confirmation
    mails (I didn't get any myself), there's no real information about our
    orders, and they haven't responded to my mails yet (except for one
    boilerplate mail that didn't answer my questions at all). This made this
    whole experience quite frustrating, and I'm quite convinced it didn't
    have to be.

    Aldo Bleeker

    Aldo Bleeker, May 10, 2005