Re: Processor Manufacturing Tech

Discussion in 'Computer Information' started by Oldus Fartus, Nov 10, 2009.

  1. Oldus Fartus

    Oldus Fartus Guest

    Oldus Fartus, Nov 10, 2009

  2. Oldus Fartus

    sandy58 Guest

    On Nov 10, 12:37 pm, Oldus Fartus <>
    wrote:
    > James D. Andrews wrote:
    > > When looking at processors, what is the Manufacturing Tech (measured in
    > > nanometers) and how does this factor into selecting a processor and
    > > motherboard?

    > Put simply, it is how densely the manufacturer is able to pack the
    > transistors on a chip.
    >
    > As an example, see:
    >
    > http://www.intel.com/technology/architecture-silicon/silicon.htm?iid=....
    >
    > --
    > Cheers
    > Oldus Fartus

    Ye know, OF, I have built a few pcs and not once have I "factored in"
    "the Manufacturing Tech (measured in nanometers or any other code of
    measurement)" when buying a motherboard & CPU. All I factor in ...is
    how much can I afford!
    Maybe that's where we all go wrong, eh? :)
    sandy58, Nov 10, 2009

  3. Oldus Fartus

    Oldus Fartus Guest

    sandy58 wrote:
    > On Nov 10, 12:37 pm, Oldus Fartus <>
    > wrote:
    >> James D. Andrews wrote:
    >>> When looking at processors, what is the Manufacturing Tech (measured in
    >>> nanometers) and how does this factor into selecting a processor and
    >>> motherboard?

    >> Put simply, it is how densely the manufacturer is able to pack the
    >> transistors on a chip.
    >>
    >> As an example, see:
    >>
    >> http://www.intel.com/technology/architecture-silicon/silicon.htm?iid=...
    >>
    >> --
    >> Cheers
    >> Oldus Fartus

    > Ye know, OF, I have built a few pcs and not once have I "factored in"
    > "the Manufacturing Tech (measured in nanometers or any other code of
    > measurement)" when buying a motherboard & CPU. All I factor in ...is
    > how much can I afford!
    > Maybe that's where we all go wrong, eh? :)

    You have been reading my mail.

    --
    Cheers
    Oldus Fartus