    (seems to go so far) and thats it, even when having shut down other
    processes.
    Any ideas or has anyone had the same problem?
    Helen, Apr 14, 2005

  2. Helen

    ...usa.com Guest

    On Thu, 14 Apr 2005 14:35:56 +1200, "Helen" <>
    wrote:

    >Hi Helen here,
    >
    >Have received Service pack 2 CD to install. It will not install it properly
    >(seems to go so far) and thats it, even when having shut down other
    >processes.
    >Any ideas or has anyone had the same problem?

    My compy is set up for auto download.
    Noticed today it was doing that then Netscape 'froze'.

    I don't know what happened after that but it kept coming up with a
    note about installing/don't turn off computer etc as it will do it
    automatically.

    After about hours and hours, and it still reading 38%, I turned shut
    the compy down.

    Later on, turned it back on then proceeded to do the download through
    the off then back on and did the download manually START/WINDOWS UP
    menu.
    It seemed to be ok as when I came back hours later, it was done; just
    had to reboot and all is fine.

    Good luck!

    Cath
    ...usa.com, Apr 14, 2005

  3. Helen

    steve Guest

    Helen wrote:
    > Hi Helen here,
    >
    > Have received Service pack 2 CD to install. It will not install it properly
    > (seems to go so far) and thats it, even when having shut down other
    > processes.
    > Any ideas or has anyone had the same problem?

    You can't be having any problems.

    Not possible.....must be your fault.

    (....or so some folks have insisted recently).
    steve, Apr 14, 2005
  4. Helen

    C9H8O4 Guest

    "Helen" <> wrote in message
    > Hi Helen here,
    >
    > Have received Service pack 2 CD to install. It will not install it
    > properly
    > (seems to go so far) and thats it, even when having shut down other
    > processes.
    > Any ideas or has anyone had the same problem?

    Was your PC virus and spyware-free when you started the install ? IIRC there
    were sometimes issues with installing SP2 onto infected machines
    C9H8O4, Apr 14, 2005
  5. Helen

    C9H8O4 Guest

    C9H8O4, Apr 14, 2005
  6. Helen

    Steve Guest

    On Thu, 14 Apr 2005 14:35:56 +1200, Helen wrote:

    > Hi Helen here,
    >
    > Have received Service pack 2 CD to install. It will not install it
    > properly (seems to go so far) and thats it, even when having shut down
    > other processes.
    > Any ideas or has anyone had the same problem?

    Not yet... debian doesn't recognise it.

    Well, somebody had to say it :)

    Steve
    Steve, Apr 14, 2005
  7. On Thu, 14 Apr 2005 21:54:54 +1200, steve
    <> wrote:

    >Helen wrote:
    >> Hi Helen here,
    >>
    >> Have received Service pack 2 CD to install. It will not install it properly
    >> (seems to go so far) and thats it, even when having shut down other
    >> processes.
    >> Any ideas or has anyone had the same problem?

    >You can't be having any problems.
    >
    >Not possible.....must be your fault.
    >
    >(....or so some folks have insisted recently).

    Oh have they
    or
    I think you are talking crap
    FreedomChooser, Apr 14, 2005