Re: Problems with connections through IPSEC tunnel after upgrade IOS

Discussion in 'Cisco' started by Bod43@hotmail.co.uk, Nov 29, 2006.

  1. Guest

    Tom Pouce wrote:
    > Hi All,
    >
    > Last Saterday I've upgraded our VPN endpoint router..
    > Everything looks fine and all Tunnels were up and running.
    > Now we explore some problems with several applications through a tunnel.
    > The problem looks to be related with the MTU size; after setting the MTU
    > site on the clients to 1400 all applications are working fine.
    > I've made no changes to the configuration of the router.
    >
    > Old IOS: c3640-jk9s-mz.122-23
    > New IOS: c3640-ik9s-mz.123-14.T7
    > Remote Site = Checkpoint NGX R60A on Crossbeam platform
    >
    > Has somebody experienced similary problems ?
    > Is there another solution (then changing the MTU on the clients) ?
    > What is changed int the IOS from 12.2 to12.3 regarding IPSEc tunneling and
    > MTU sizes?

    12.2(23) to 12.3(14)T7 hmmm!

    Do you need T for anything in particular? The Technology Train
    should only be used if you need the features.
    12.3T became 12.4 effectively, and subsequent
    major changes get put in to 12.4T.

    >From time to time the behaviour of some feature

    or other is changed
    and occassionally some defaults are changed.

    I am pretty sure that you wil have crossed over some major
    Crypto/ACLs/NAT changes (at least in they way that
    they interract).

    Perhaps MTU discovery is now broken since ICMP
    is being blocked?

    Best to post the config really.
    , Nov 29, 2006