Re: problems with cctv , srolling bands through image

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by rd, Sep 1, 2009.

  1. rd

    rd Guest

    "securiy" <> wrote in message
    > Hi Folks
    >
    > Would apprciate any indications you can offer or troubleshooting methods.
    > Ebay purchase of vandal proof , dome type cameras with IR leds
    >
    > Picture is surprinsgly good with the exception of constant scrolling lines
    > which sets off the motion sensor in softwares.
    >
    > I have tried changing DVR card position in PCI slots
    >
    > I have tried a totally different PCI card , both a cheap chinese
    > ebay DVr card and a Swann branded £90 model from maplin ( Uk )
    > both set up for PAL
    >
    > The cameras are WIRED , and attach to DVR cards via BNC fitting , power
    > is supplied on the same cable as the image cable via a power adaptor.
    > Im guessing this interference is coming from this ? or not , any ideas ?
    >
    > I have noticed that when you remove a camera , the interference reduces
    > just slightly but enough to be noticable , I have 4 cameras and with only
    > one attached the interference is about 50% of what is was but still
    > annoying
    > and still sets off the motion detection software
    >
    > I would appreciate any ideas to troubleshoot further or any ideas
    > for magic bullet ? that resolves , I guess this must be a common
    > issue ?
    >
    > --
    > ------------------------------
    > No links here , nup

    Try a ground lifter on AC plug. Experiment with the ground lifter removing
    ground from all camera power supplies. Is there a dedicated monitor? Try one
    there.
    A ground lifter is an adaptor with the ground plug cut off. Like in this
    image...
    http://www.tangible-technology.com/power/p2/3_groundADAPTER_w.jpg
    ....this is what a ground lifter looks like but it would be plugged into a 3
    circuit grounded outlet. The purpose being to remove the ground. Sometimes
    you are getting ground from too many sources and they are not equal.

    rd, Sep 1, 2009