Re.Problems receive/send emails in outlook.

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Melvin Harrigan, Nov 20, 2004.

  1. I have a Dell Demension 8400 syatem running on windows xp. I installed BT
    Broad Band with relative ease together with outlook express.

    My yahoo email and outlook express is working ok,
    however when trying to send or receive emails in Outlook 2000 proffessional
    I wwreceive an error
    message.. quote.

    The following error message was cut and paste for my outlook after hitting
    the send/recieve Icon.

    Task 'mail.btinternet.com - Sending and Receiving' reported error
    (0x800CCC0D) : 'Unable to find the e-mail server. Please verify the server
    information in your account properties.'

    Having checked the server details all appears to be in order.!! What do
    you think can be causing the problems.?

    Kind Regards.

    M. Harrigan..
    Melvin Harrigan, Nov 20, 2004

  2. i checked server. server is up and running in the internet. i think its
    connection problem between your Computer and the server.

    Could also be trouble on server side -> server is up but mailservice is not
    available @ the moment

    Alexander Palm, Nov 20, 2004

  3. Melvin Harrigan

    OJ Guest

    Have you set up your email in Outlook yet. If not go to:

    Tools, Accounts, Add, Mail, and make sure you have your incoming and
    outgoing mail servers entered correctly. You would find this information in
    the BT Broadband setup information booklet or on the website.

    OJ, Nov 21, 2004