Re: Problem with USB 2.0 devices in USB 1.1 system

Discussion in 'A+ Certification' started by Gerard Bok, Aug 24, 2005.

  1. Gerard Bok

    Gerard Bok Guest

    On Wed, 24 Aug 2005 01:01:03 GMT, Dave Hardenbrook
    <> wrote:

    >I'm working on a PC with only USB 1.1 support. There's a scanner and an
    >external hard drive connected to the USB ports and work fine, but
    >whenever I reboot the system while one or both of these devices are
    >connected, the system hangs during the POST with a "keyboard" error, as
    >though it was mistaking the USB device for a (defective) USB keyboard.
    >(The system's actual keyboard is PS/2.) Stranger still, if I warm
    >reboot again, even after removing the all USB devices, the "keyboard"
    >error persists and will not recognize the real, PS/2 keyboard -- I have
    >to shut the power down entirely, wait a few minutes, and power on again
    >with no USB devices attached to free up the system.

    What you could try is: look in the bios for 'USB keyboard
    support' and disable this.

    --
    Kind regards,
    Gerard Bok