Re: problem with avi file

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Ionizer, Jun 28, 2003.

  1. Ionizer

    Ionizer Guest

    First, I'd recommend that you confirm that you really DO have the specific
    video codec for this movie file by loading it into GSpot:
    http://www.headbands.com/gspot/ (freeware, no install required.) GSpot
    identifies required video and audio codecs and tells you if you have them
    already installed.

    Windows Media Player only automatically downloads Microsoft codecs, so it's
    quite possible that you don't have the codec. Even if you do, WMP is not
    always the best media player for movie files. "BSPlayer" will play movies
    which WMP refuses to, in my experience: http://www.bsplayer.org/

    Regards,
    Ian.

    Ionizer, Jun 28, 2003