Re: Problem installing NERO v8

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by §ñühw¤£f, Mar 16, 2009.

  1. J McCardle wrote:
    > Hi, I am having a problem installing Nero both from a cd-rom and from
    > a downloaded (from nero) file.
    > I keep getting a SETUPX.EXE error, it cant handle some UI files what
    > ever that means.
    > I am running XP SP3, Eset antivirus and firewall on both my computers.
    > I tried disabling ESET but no difference. I am sure it is a problem
    > with SP3 as I recently upgraded my wife's computer and now neither
    > will install and current version of Nero.
    > I contacted Nero andtheir support mentioned a file that gathered info
    > about my computer. I uploaded this info to Nero, this was about 3
    > weeks ago but I have not had any reply.
    > I have u/g my >NET to the latest version (3.5) and Java 6.0
    > I read that setupx.exe is a compressed file in 7zip format (self
    > extracting). I ran the the 7zFM.exe program that has an interface
    > somewhat like winrar and extracted the files from setupx.exe but the
    > extracted files were .data, .rdata, .rsc, .text and certificate BUT no
    > executable com or exe file. Also if I recompressed these them the new
    > compressed file was only 1.7mb so there must be something missing.
    > The FAQ on nero and some blogs do mention this is a known problem but
    > I cannot quite solve the problem.
    > Any help much appreciated.
    > Jim McCardle

    Read this page for klews, mate...

    http://forum.my.nero.com/index.php?act=Print&client=printer&f=12&t=202

    Looks like a problem with Aheads install proggy itself.

    HTH

    --
    http://www.palindeception.com/
    http://palinpics4truth.blogspot.com