    Subject: Problem: Do ATX powersupplies normally have a fuse?

    #1 - why don't you put your question down in the body where it belongs,
    not the subject. If you start a message question by typing first in the
    subject, you end up with a bad subject and also a bad body/question.

    #2 - why don't you tell a little story down here in the body which will
    explain why you are asking that question -- perhaps you are actually
    asking the wrong question.

    #3 - there are all kinds of protection 'schemes' which can cause the ATX
    PS to refuse to turn on with activation of the front case switch, which
    can require that the mobo/PS 'relationship' be reestablished by either
    turning off the rear PS switch for a time, or unplugging the linepower
    from the PS for a short time.

    ^1 The best way to start a new topic which will contain a message
    question is to first construct a proper message body, which message body
    contains only complete sentences and which lays out the premise or
    unambiguous background story for what will become the question. The
    question is then asked in the message body. After construction of the
    message body, the body is given a very very brief 'title' which
    characterizes the content of the body, which is not a complete sentence

    ^2 You did not give a background for whatever kind of problem you are
    having or observing that causes you to wonder whether or not something
    or other is causing a PS to be inop

    ^3 such protection schemes can cause the troubleshooter to wonder
    whether or not the PS has 'blown a fuse' which could hopefully be reset

    --
    Mike Easter

    Mike Easter, Aug 20, 2009

  2. Mike Easter

    olfart Guest

    "Mike Easter" <> wrote in message
    > Jimmy Dean wrote:
    > Subject: Problem: Do ATX powersupplies normally have a fuse?
    >
    > #1 - why don't you put your question down in the body where it belongs,
    > not the subject. If you start a message question by typing first in the
    > subject, you end up with a bad subject and also a bad body/question.

    What makes it so BAD??? Who the hell made you the usnet guru?

    > #2 - why don't you tell a little story down here in the body which will
    > explain why you are asking that question -- perhaps you are actually
    > asking the wrong question.

    "once upon a time there was a power supply that lived inside a
    computer......"
    A Story? gimme a break

    > #3 - there are all kinds of protection 'schemes' which can cause the ATX
    > PS to refuse to turn on with activation of the front case switch, which
    > can require that the mobo/PS 'relationship' be reestablished by either
    > turning off the rear PS switch for a time, or unplugging the linepower
    > from the PS for a short time.

    > ^1 The best way to start a new topic which will contain a message
    > question is to first construct a proper message body, which message body
    > contains only complete sentences and which lays out the premise or
    > unambiguous background story for what will become the question. The
    > question is then asked in the message body. After construction of the
    > message body, the body is given a very very brief 'title' which
    > characterizes the content of the body, which is not a complete sentence
    >
    > ^2 You did not give a background for whatever kind of problem you are
    > having or observing that causes you to wonder whether or not something
    > or other is causing a PS to be inop
    >
    > ^3 such protection schemes can cause the troubleshooter to wonder
    > whether or not the PS has 'blown a fuse' which could hopefully be reset
    >

    > --
    > Mike Easter

    you seem to have an extreme case of keyboard diarrea

    olfart, Aug 20, 2009

  3. Mike Easter

    Mike Easter Guest

    Jimmy Dean wrote:

    > Ha, ha! One thing is sure, when I feel a bit down, I need only to read
    > a few 24HSH posts to make the ends of my mouth curl up..

    Butbutbut...

    .... what was the original problem? The problem that caused you to ask
    this question...

    --
    Mike Easter

    Mike Easter, Aug 21, 2009
  4. Mike Easter

    Mike Easter Guest

    Jimmy Dean wrote:
    > "Mike Easter"

    >> ... what was the original problem?

    > My PC was going fine.
    >
    > I had an electrician doing some other work on the house.
    >
    > There was a "pop" from the PC and it died and would not restart.
    >
    > Took to PC shop, they said they had to replace the powersupply.
    >
    > I questioned that maybe it was just a fuse?
    >
    > They said the PS doesn't normally have a fuse.

    Gotit.

    --
    Mike Easter

    Mike Easter, Aug 22, 2009