Re: Problem: CD/DVD drive door not opening - any way to PERMANENTLY fix?

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by chuckcar, Sep 8, 2010.

  1. chuckcar

    chuckcar Guest

    Jimmy Dean <> wrote in

    > Press load/eject button on drive, tray ejects maybe a mm or 2 before
    > retracting back into the drive.. makes "clunk.. clunk" sound
    >
    > Standard way to open is to use a paper-clip in the eject hole - that
    > works fine...
    >
    > But is there anyway to FIX the drive so it will eject normally when
    > the button is pressed?
    >
    > Have opened said drive but can't see what is the problem..

    Is there a CD in the drive? If so it may very well be a bad open session
    disk. However, try this: shut the computer completely off. Now start
    pressing the eject button. With the other hand turn the computer on.
    Keep pressing the eject button until windows has completed loading. Only *then*
    try to remove the CD. Did the tray fully eject or is it still stuck in?

    --
    (setq (chuck nil) car(chuck) )

    chuckcar, Sep 8, 2010

  2. chuckcar

    Desk Rabbit Guest

    On 08/09/2010 14:03, chuckcar wrote:
    > Jimmy Dean<> wrote in
    >
    >> Press load/eject button on drive, tray ejects maybe a mm or 2 before
    >> retracting back into the drive.. makes "clunk.. clunk" sound
    >>
    >> Standard way to open is to use a paper-clip in the eject hole - that
    >> works fine...
    >>
    >> But is there anyway to FIX the drive so it will eject normally when
    >> the button is pressed?
    >>
    >> Have opened said drive but can't see what is the problem..
    >>

    > Is there a CD in the drive? If so it may very well be a bad open session

    WTF???? You just make this stuff up don't you?

    Desk Rabbit, Sep 8, 2010

  3. chuckcar

    Tony Guest

    Some times you have to pull the prick out much the same way you'd pull your pecker
    out of your pants. I've had to take the fucker out on occasion and lube the guide
    rollers. You have to have a good eye and good aim.

    --
    The Grandmaster of the CyberFROG

    Come get your ticket to CyberFROG city

    Nay, Art thou decideth playeth ye simpleton games. *Some* of us know proper manners

    Very few. I used to take calls from *rank* noobs but got fired the first day on the
    job for potty mouth,

    realm of understandability

    Tony, Sep 8, 2010
  4. chuckcar

    chuckcar Guest

    Jimmy Dean <> wrote in

    > On Wed, 8 Sep 2010 13:03:41 +0000 (UTC), chuckcar <>
    > wrote:
    >
    >>Jimmy Dean <> wrote in
    >>
    >>> Press load/eject button on drive, tray ejects maybe a mm or 2 before
    >>> retracting back into the drive.. makes "clunk.. clunk" sound
    >>>
    >>> Standard way to open is to use a paper-clip in the eject hole - that
    >>> works fine...
    >>>
    >>> But is there anyway to FIX the drive so it will eject normally when
    >>> the button is pressed?
    >>>
    >>> Have opened said drive but can't see what is the problem..
    >>>

    >>Is there a CD in the drive? If so it may very well be a bad open
    >>session disk. However, try this: shut the computer completely off. Now
    >>start pressing the eject button. With the other hand turn the computer
    >>on. Keep pressing the eject button until windows has completed
    >>is it still stuck in?

    > Nice try, but no, it's definitely a mechanical prob with the drive
    > itself

    Yup. That's your final proof.

    --
    (setq (chuck nil) car(chuck) )

    chuckcar, Sep 8, 2010
  5. chuckcar

    VanguardLH Guest

    Desk Rabbit wrote:

    > chuckcar wrote:
    >
    >> Jimmy Dean wrote:
    >>
    >>> Press load/eject button on drive, tray ejects maybe a mm or 2 before
    >>> retracting back into the drive.. makes "clunk.. clunk" sound
    >>>
    >>> anyway to FIX the drive so it will eject normally when the button is
    >>> pressed?

    >> Is there a CD in the drive? If so it may very well be a bad open session

    > WTF???? You just make this stuff up don't you?

    I'd killfile chuckcar except I enjoy chuckling at chuck. It's like
    watching "America's Funniest (Animals|Home Videos)": a waste of time but
    then entertainment usually is.

    VanguardLH, Sep 8, 2010
  6. chuckcar

    joevan Guest

    On Wed, 8 Sep 2010 16:50:51 -0500, VanguardLH <> wrote:

    >Desk Rabbit wrote:
    >
    >> chuckcar wrote:

    >>> Is there a CD in the drive? If so it may very well be a bad open session

    >> WTF???? You just make this stuff up don't you?

    >I'd killfile chuckcar except I enjoy chuckling at chuck. It's like
    >watching "America's Funniest (Animals|Home Videos)": a waste of time but
    >then entertainment usually is.

    I agree with the above post.

    joevan, Sep 8, 2010