Re: Printing from Xp64 to a Vista32 printer

Discussion in 'Windows 64bit' started by Charlie Russel - MVP, Sep 29, 2009.

  1. If there's no 64-bit driver, then you're pretty much out of luck. You might
    be able to configure for some _minimal functionality_ by creating a second
    version of the printer and telling Vista 32 that is is a different, minimal,
    printer for which there is an XP x64 driver. The key is that the second
    version of the printer needs to have exactly the same name in both XP x64
    and Vista, and the driver has to at least minimally work for the printer.
    Then follow the steps in my blog post from several years ago to add
    additional drivers to the Vista printer and add the XP x64 drivers to it.

    --
    Charlie.
    http://msmvps.com/blogs/xperts64

    Charlie Russel - MVP, Sep 29, 2009

  2. Unless there's one that will work, you're out of luck, I'm afraid. This is
    especially true of printers that use "host based printing" - ie, they so
    stupid they won't run without software running on the Windows computer. For
    those you're almost always SOL.

    Charlie Russel - MVP, Sep 30, 2009