Re: printing a powerpoint document from browser using grayscale optionto save printer ink

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Diabolic Preacher, Feb 15, 2010.

  1. t expressed the following thoughts on 2/12/2010 4:21 AM:
    > People in our office print powerpoint(.ppt and pptx files) documents
    > from their browsers(Internet Explorer 7/8) to a Toshiba estudio 450
    > series. When they do it from a browser, they CANNOT see the grayscale
    > option they can choose which can ensure the documents are printed in
    > black and white(thereby saving ink). They can see the option if they
    > save the powerpoint document to their local machine and try printing
    > it from there.
    >
    > Is there a way, they can choose the grayscale option to print while
    > viewing the document from the browser? I understand, there is a way
    > the registry can be modified so that the document does not open in a
    > browser, but as a separate file in a temp folder, but our office users
    > don't want that.
    >
    > We have MS Office 2007 on our office computers.
    >
    > They need an option such as shown at the end of page
    > http://lts.brandeis.edu/teachlearn/webct/troubleshooting/powerpoint-download.html
    > when they open the ppt file from browser
    >
    > Any suggestions would be appreciated.

    Printing in grayscale option is independent of what application you
    print from. Your printer properties would have an option to select
    "Print in Grayscale" in the Properties dialog box.

    HTH
    --
    Diabolic Precher
    As Is
    Diabolic Preacher, Feb 15, 2010

  2. Diabolic Preacher

    RickMerrill Guest

    Diabolic Preacher wrote:
    > t expressed the following thoughts on 2/12/2010 4:21 AM:
    >> People in our office print powerpoint(.ppt and pptx files) documents
    >> from their browsers(Internet Explorer 7/8) to a Toshiba estudio 450
    >> series. When they do it from a browser, they CANNOT see the grayscale
    >> option they can choose which can ensure the documents are printed in
    >> black and white(thereby saving ink). They can see the option if they
    >> save the powerpoint document to their local machine and try printing
    >> it from there.
    >>
    >> Is there a way, they can choose the grayscale option to print while
    >> viewing the document from the browser? I understand, there is a way
    >> the registry can be modified so that the document does not open in a
    >> browser, but as a separate file in a temp folder, but our office users
    >> don't want that.
    >>
    >> We have MS Office 2007 on our office computers.
    >>
    >> They need an option such as shown at the end of page
    >> http://lts.brandeis.edu/teachlearn/webct/troubleshooting/powerpoint-download.html
    >>
    >> when they open the ppt file from browser
    >>
    >> Any suggestions would be appreciated.

    > Printing in grayscale option is independent of what application you
    > print from. Your printer properties would have an option to select
    > "Print in Grayscale" in the Properties dialog box.
    >
    > HTH
    > --

    That is not even the MEANING of 'grayscale'. It means that the fonts
    are rendered using shades of gray.

    There is no such option in the printer.
    RickMerrill, Feb 15, 2010