Re: Printing a file to a USB printer

Discussion in 'Computer Information' started by Ardent, Apr 5, 2004.

  1. Ardent

    Ardent Guest

    On Tue, 30 Mar 2004 10:53:27 +0100, "HF" <21.co.uk> wrote:

    >Instal your new printer as your default printer or remove the old and it
    >will happen that it will be your default printer.. I have a USB and a
    >parallel printer- both installed and selectable from the drop down menu.

    My USB printer is the ny printer installed now.

    What I need to know is what command I should give to direct a file
    (saved earlier using print to file) to the USB printer now.

    --
    Sandy Archer
    Reply to newsgroups only

    Ardent, Apr 5, 2004

  2. Ardent <> wrote in message news:<>...
    > On Tue, 30 Mar 2004 10:53:27 +0100, "HF" <21.co.uk> wrote:
    >
    > >Instal your new printer as your default printer or remove the old and it
    > >will happen that it will be your default printer.. I have a USB and a
    > >parallel printer- both installed and selectable from the drop down menu.

    > My USB printer is the ny printer installed now.
    >
    > What I need to know is what command I should give to direct a file
    > (saved earlier using print to file) to the USB printer now.

    We have an inexpensive tool on our web site called FRP which will let you do this.

    Regards

    Tony Edgecombe
    www.frogmorecs.com/ng
    Software for printing

    Tony Edgecombe, Apr 5, 2004

  3. Ardent

    Ardent Guest

    On Mon, 05 Apr 2004 00:30:34 GMT, Ardent <> wrote:

    >My USB printer is the ny printer installed now.

    ~~

    Oops - That should have been only !

    Problem on changing over to a membrane keyboard :-(

    Sandy Archer

    Ardent, Apr 6, 2004
  4. Ardent

    Ardent Guest

    On 5 Apr 2004 02:22:10 -0700, (Tony
    Edgecombe) wrote:

    >We have an inexpensive tool on our web site called FRP which will let you do this.

    Thanks for the lead.

    I downloaded the evaluation program and tried to print a *.prn file
    and the program says it cannot send the file to USB1 and try after
    restarting Windows. I have tried and still I get the same alert.

    What could be wrong?

    --
    Sandy Archer
    Reply to newsgroups only