Re: printers down but desktops working - Cisco Catalyst 3750

Discussion in 'Cisco' started by vipul, Apr 5, 2004.

  1. vipul

    vipul Guest

    I have been monitoring the behavior of these printers over the past
    few days including the weekend. It was working fine on Sunday evening
    and till five minutes back (Its 8:24 AM, Monday morning right now) I
    could ping all the printers. Now suddenly, it all seems dead. I cannot
    ping at these printers. I am guessing that it is happening because of
    some node on the network or else why would it work during off-hours.

    Anybody got a clue as to why this can happen? Thanks for your help.

    VB

    vipul, Apr 5, 2004

  2. vipul

    Hansang Bae Guest

    In article <>,
    says...
    > I have been monitoring the behavior of these printers over the past
    > few days including the weekend. It was working fine on Sunday evening
    > and till five minutes back (Its 8:24 AM, Monday morning right now) I
    > could ping all the printers. Now suddenly, it all seems dead. I cannot
    > ping at these printers. I am guessing that it is happening because of
    > some node on the network or else why would it work during off-hours.
    >
    > Anybody got a clue as to why this can happen? Thanks for your help.

    1) arp table got corrupt (on the router or on the ptr)
    2) Someone hijacked the IP.
    3) Switch is out to lunch due to too much utilization.

    --

    hsb

    Hansang Bae, Apr 5, 2004