Re: Printer wireless??

Discussion in 'Wireless Networking' started by Nobody, Jul 30, 2008.

  1. Nobody

    Nobody Guest

    "SWQ" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > Hi
    > Is it possible to use a standard Printer/Scanner/Copier wirelessly?
    > I don't know if a plug in gadget exists.
    > Thanks
    > Dave

    Depending on the device, yes. Goto www.newegg.com and search for wireless
    pint server
    Nobody, Jul 30, 2008

  2. Nobody

    Lem Guest

    Nobody wrote:
    > "SWQ" <> wrote in message
    >> Hi
    >> Is it possible to use a standard Printer/Scanner/Copier wirelessly?
    >> I don't know if a plug in gadget exists.
    >> Thanks
    >> Dave
    >>

    > Depending on the device, yes. Goto www.newegg.com and search for wireless
    > pint server

    As Nobody suggests, you can buy a wireless print server, but be aware
    that most "print-scan-copy" devices will only print (and not scan) over
    the wireless connection, and some of the device's reporting functions
    (e.g., low ink) may not work.

    If you get a wireless print server, be sure to get one that's compatible
    with your printer. They are not inexpensive:
    http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/category/category_slc.asp?CatId=371
    http://www.newegg.com/Store/SubCategory.aspx?SubCategory=387&name=Network-Print-Servers

    --
    Lem -- MS-MVP