Re: Printer problem

Discussion in 'A+ Certification' started by Paul, Apr 15, 2004.

  1. Paul

    Paul Guest

    On Thu, 25 Mar 2004 17:58:28 GMT, Gary <>
    wrote:

    > have a Lexmark Z23 USB printer that came bundled with an
    >Emachines PC, running XP home. The printer installs fine and prints a
    >test page, after that it will not print anything from notepad or
    >wordpad.It just prints out a blank page. I tried uninstalling the
    >printer and reinstalling to no avail. Any suggestions? Gary

    Odd problem, can't say I've seen it before.

    Do a print preview from any application that supports it to vetify the
    printer page setup is correct.

    Make sure you follow the instructions for installation from Lexmark.
    Some printers require driver installation and printer connection in a
    specific sequence.

    Reinstall any USB printer support software as well as the print
    driver.

    Try the alignment/cleaning utilites of the printer driver to see if
    they work.

    Because you can test page it, I'm thinking it must be a
    application/utility setup configuration issue.

    Let us know how it turns out.
    --
    Paul Whitehead

    Toronto Area I.T. Support
    www.rapidcomputer.com

    Paul, Apr 15, 2004

  2. Paul

    DennisH Guest

    Have you installed both a color and black cartridge in the printer. I
    understand that the Z22 won't print black text from the color cartridge.
    Maybe the Z23 has the same limitation.

    DennisH, Apr 17, 2004