    Not much else we can do, is there? It only shows in the Tray when a doc is
    printed, which doesn't help him much. :( I wish we knew how the printer
    was *always* shown in the Tray in Win 98...

    Paul, Aug 12, 2003

  2. Paul

    Piper Guest

    On Tue, 12 Aug 2003 11:12:11 +1000, "Paul" <>
    scribbled in red crayon:

    >Hi Dee,
    >
    >We've already done all you said, to no avail. To recap what we did:
    >
    >(1) It's a HP PostScript printer (6P/6MP) which he's always had.
    >(2) He used to run Win 98 with it, via parallel port.
    >(3) We recently formatted his HD and installed Win 2000 Pro (thus, clean).
    >(4) Win 2000 installed the drivers for the printer, and it doesn't show in
    > the System Tray anymore. We checked the options for the printer and
    > there is none to display it in the System Tray.
    >(5) We went to HP's site and downloaded the latest drivers for that printer
    > for Win 2000, but there is no option to show it in the System Tray.
    >
    >Not much else we can do, is there? It only shows in the Tray when a doc is
    >printed, which doesn't help him much. :( I wish we knew how the printer
    >was *always* shown in the Tray in Win 98...

    Why not just make a shortcut to the desktop then into the Sys Tray? I
    use 98 and my printer icon never shows up in the tray unless I am/have
    printed something, then it stays there until I reboot. Maybe it was
    in his Startup menu.
    -
    ~Piper~
    Consciousness: that annoying time between naps.

    Piper, Aug 12, 2003

  3. On Tue, 12 Aug 2003 07:33:14 -0500, Piper
    <> wrote:

    >On Tue, 12 Aug 2003 11:12:11 +1000, "Paul" <>
    >scribbled in red crayon:
    >
    >>Hi Dee,
    >>
    >>We've already done all you said, to no avail. To recap what we did:
    >>
    >>(1) It's a HP PostScript printer (6P/6MP) which he's always had.
    >>(2) He used to run Win 98 with it, via parallel port.
    >>(3) We recently formatted his HD and installed Win 2000 Pro (thus, clean).
    >>(4) Win 2000 installed the drivers for the printer, and it doesn't show in
    >> the System Tray anymore. We checked the options for the printer and
    >> there is none to display it in the System Tray.
    >>(5) We went to HP's site and downloaded the latest drivers for that printer
    >> for Win 2000, but there is no option to show it in the System Tray.
    >>
    >>Not much else we can do, is there? It only shows in the Tray when a doc is
    >>printed, which doesn't help him much. :( I wish we knew how the printer
    >>was *always* shown in the Tray in Win 98...
    >>

    >Why not just make a shortcut to the desktop then into the Sys Tray? I
    >use 98 and my printer icon never shows up in the tray unless I am/have
    >printed something, then it stays there until I reboot. Maybe it was
    >in his Startup menu.
    >-
    >~Piper~
    >Consciousness: that annoying time between naps.

    Doubt that will work - OP wants the icon in Systray (far right) not
    TaskBar QuickLaunch (left end of taskbar).

    here_and_there, Aug 12, 2003
  4. Paul

    Paul Guest

    > >Why not just make a shortcut to the desktop then into the Sys Tray? I
    > >use 98 and my printer icon never shows up in the tray unless I am/have
    > >printed something, then it stays there until I reboot. Maybe it was
    > >in his Startup menu.

    > Doubt that will work - OP wants the icon in Systray (far right) not
    > TaskBar QuickLaunch (left end of taskbar).

    Exactly. :) Anyway, we tried the TaskBar thing and it's not what he had.

    Paul, Aug 13, 2003