Re: Printer drivers anyone?

Discussion in 'Computer Information' started by Jeff Strickland, Dec 29, 2010.

  1. "Robert Baer" <> wrote in message
    > I have this Canon BJC4100 that works under Win98SE (after i installed
    > its driver in that OS).
    > BUT..i get "striped" printing (~0.3 ink then ~0.1 no ink, repeatedly)
    > under Win2000. Re-installing the driver makes NO changes.
    > Hell, i tried lying - using BJC4000, BJC4300, etc instead with ZERO
    > change.
    > Now do NOT point me to the useless bullshit via Google.
    > Every one says "instant" update == LIE; one gets a program; run it and
    > ANOTHER program is in place to run..which gets YET ANOTHER program that
    > takes ages to run as it *takes over* the computer and looks at EVERYTHING
    > under the sun (maybe it counts the electrons also?). That program dies
    > with an unstated error.
    > Useless BS.
    > Complaining to one, i got back a question for my registration number and
    > sales slip number - which adds Yet Another LIE in that they originally
    > said "FREE".
    > I have wasted many hours with this crap.
    >
    > All i want is a SIMPLE printer driver, not a twenty terror-byte driver
    > database for every computer ever made since Babbage.
    >
    > HELP??????????????????

    If there is no driver on Canon's Website, then there is no driver. Period.
    Stop looking.

    You have a very old printer that is probably not supported anymore, and you
    will not be able to get a driver.

    I once upgraded a machine from Win98 to WinXP, and loaded SP3. The Xerox
    printer that came with the machine with W98 would not work under XP, SP3.

    Having said all of that, I don't think the driver is your problem. A driver
    issue would cause the printer to not even start or to print control
    characters instead of whatever the print job consisted of. Bands of print
    should be a hardware issue with the printer itself.

    I believe there are no drivers for your printer.

    Jeff Strickland, Dec 29, 2010

  2. "Robert Baer" <> wrote in message
    > Jeff Strickland wrote:
    >> "Robert Baer" <> wrote in message
    >>> I have this Canon BJC4100 that works under Win98SE (after i installed
    >>> its driver in that OS).
    >>> BUT..i get "striped" printing (~0.3 ink then ~0.1 no ink, repeatedly)
    >>> under Win2000. Re-installing the driver makes NO changes.
    >>> Hell, i tried lying - using BJC4000, BJC4300, etc instead with ZERO
    >>> change.
    >>> Now do NOT point me to the useless bullshit via Google.
    >>> Every one says "instant" update == LIE; one gets a program; run it and
    >>> ANOTHER program is in place to run..which gets YET ANOTHER program that
    >>> takes ages to run as it *takes over* the computer and looks at
    >>> EVERYTHING under the sun (maybe it counts the electrons also?). That
    >>> program dies with an unstated error.
    >>> Useless BS.
    >>> Complaining to one, i got back a question for my registration number
    >>> and sales slip number - which adds Yet Another LIE in that they
    >>> originally said "FREE".
    >>> I have wasted many hours with this crap.
    >>>
    >>> All i want is a SIMPLE printer driver, not a twenty terror-byte driver
    >>> database for every computer ever made since Babbage.
    >>>
    >>> HELP??????????????????

    >> If there is no driver on Canon's Website, then there is no driver.
    >> Period. Stop looking.
    >>
    >> You have a very old printer that is probably not supported anymore, and
    >> you will not be able to get a driver.
    >>
    >> I once upgraded a machine from Win98 to WinXP, and loaded SP3. The Xerox
    >> printer that came with the machine with W98 would not work under XP, SP3.
    >>
    >> Having said all of that, I don't think the driver is your problem. A
    >> driver issue would cause the printer to not even start or to print
    >> control characters instead of whatever the print job consisted of. Bands
    >> of print should be a hardware issue with the printer itself.
    >>
    >> I believe there are no drivers for your printer.
    >>

    > There may not be drivers for the printer under Win200, but LIKE I SAID
    > "this Canon BJC4100 works under Win98SE" so it is NOT a "printer hardware
    > issue".
    > Please learn to read.

    I can read. Since a machine that operates under W98 won't actually run any
    software that matters anymore, then I assume the printer formerly worked
    fine, and you expect it to still work fine. My suggestion is based on the
    idea that it has been sitting in the back of a closet for many years and you
    dragged (drug) it out and want to plug it in. I assume you have no actual
    test bed to verify that it works in W98 because any software that works in
    W98 is not likely to work on any operating system currently available.

    None of this matters though, Canon has no drivers for that printer so you
    have to get a new one.

    Jeff Strickland, Dec 30, 2010