Re: Printer drivers anyone? IT DOESN'T EXIST

Discussion in 'Computer Information' started by Kele, Dec 30, 2010.

  1. Kele

    Kele Guest

    I agree with you and Vanguard.

    Is this the one:
    http://download.driverguide.com/driver/Canon BJC-4100/Canon/d322677.html ?
    Here's another link:
    http://download.driverguide.com/driver/Canon Bubble-Jet BJC-4100/Microsoft/d488061.html
    I've had good downloads from DriverGuide.

    Here's a direct link from somewhere else (if you dare, scan it):
    Canon BJC-4100 Printer Driver v3.97, OS support: Win2003, WinXP, Win2000,
    NT, WinME, software created by : Canon, Inc.
    http://freedownloadforall.com/driver/6dfe91c73de859/canon-bjc-4100-printer-driver-v3.97/

    If any of these divers work, it took under five minutes to find starting
    from Google. You know what I noticed... basic printers (with included ink)
    don't cost much more than a set of ink cartridges. Has anyone compared the
    ink-jet printer brand/model cost to operate over time? I was thinking of
    going from HP to Epson for my next printer, but ink cost would be the
    decider... it's hard for my brain to compute. My HP 932c, for some reason,
    has always used the color ink cartridge even when I don't print color... I
    think it blends color ink to make gray. That's expensive for B&W printing.
    If either color or black cartridge runs out, the printer won't function.
    This is what turns me off about HP printers of ten years ago. The HP has
    been perfectly reliable, however.

    -------------------
    "James D Andrews" <> wrote:
    "Robert Baer" <> wrote in message
    > I have this Canon BJC4100 that works under Win98SE (after i installed
    > its driver in that OS).
    > SNIP SNIP SNIP

    > All i want is a SIMPLE printer driver, not a twenty terror-byte driver
    > database for every computer ever made since Babbage.
    >
    > HELP??????????????????

    The reason you can't find a Windows 2000 driver for the Canon BJC-4100 is
    that it doesn't exist. The most current drivers I've seen for this printer
    is for Windows ME and Windows NT 4.0.

    If you want to try either of them, go to www.driverguide.com or
    www.driverskit.com

    For DriverGuide,you'll have to sort through 6 pages of search results to
    find them (this site's DB search isn't the best, but they usually have a
    large variety).

    For DriversKit, you'll have to scroll down past the "download now"
    driverscans to the super small print for the link. Once you go to the
    download link, you'll have to wait 90 seconds for access to the download.

    I felt in a good enough mood to search the following sites for you with
    negative results for your desired driver:
    www.canon.com
    www.epson.com (just for grins)
    www.driverguide.com
    www.driverfiles.com
    www.driverstock.com
    www.pcdrivers.com
    www.driverskit.com

    I read a comment somewhere that a driver for this printer is included in the
    Windows XP driver collection on the Installation Disk, so you might want to
    check your own Win2000 Installation disk. I didn't see it on my copy of
    WinXP Home, though, and I doubt you'll find what your after since nobody
    including the manufacturer has it.

    You're probably going to have to break down and find a newer printer
    compatible with the OS you're using. I've collected many over the years at
    Yard/Garage Sales and then went online for the driver. If there is a nearby
    discount, thrift, or Goodwill store you might find one there.

    Many brand new printers are cheap. You can usually find one for under $50

    HP Officejet 6000 CB051A - $49.99 Free Shipping at www.newegg.com
    is compatible with Windows 2000 SP4

    LEXMARK X series X2670 26S0285 - $49.99 + $6.99 shipping at www.newegg.com
    is compatible with Windows 2000 5.00.2195 or later

    Printers from Walmart are usually Win XP Home SP 2 and later

    In the future, you might want to consider your tone when asking for help.
    You were kind of hostile toward us and we weren't the ones who caused your
    problems.

    Kele, Dec 30, 2010