Re: Prevx

Discussion in 'Computer Security' started by John D, Feb 6, 2009.

  1. John D

    John D Guest

    "FromTheRafters" <> wrote in message

    > "~BD~" <> wrote in message
    >
    >> Just for a moment - totally hypothetically - if one suspected that a
    >> product such as Prevx was being offered by the 'bad guys' - are you
    >> aware of any organisation which might be willing to look at same in
    >> detail .............. just to rule it out, so to speak?

    > No. I'm reasonably sure that there are enough individuals doing so
    > that word would soon spread if anything untoward was found. A
    > cyber-friend of mine just loved to do things like that - not out of
    > suspicion, just out of curiosity - and publish his results. Since one
    > such disclosure got him in legal trouble, and labeled as a terrorist,
    > I'm not sure he publishes his findings anymore.
    >
    > I bet he still does the reverse engineering for his own edification.
    >
    > ...it's sad really when the law helps the bad guys more than the
    > good guys.

    Thanks, FTR.

    The bad guys *always* make mistakes (good guys do too - but they simply
    say "Ooops! Sorry")

    I am NOT saying that Prevx isn't bonio fido, but please look here
    https://www.cleverbridge.com/53/?scope=checkout&id=Jh66JhIa33

    You will note a charge for VAT of 19%.

    It is mistakes like that which arouse my curiosity! <smile>
    --
    Dave

    John D, Feb 6, 2009

  2. John D

    ~BD~ Guest

    "John D" <John_D@Ican playgames.too> wrote in message
    > "FromTheRafters" <> wrote in message
    >>
    >> "~BD~" <> wrote in message
    >>
    >>> Just for a moment - totally hypothetically - if one suspected that a
    >>> product such as Prevx was being offered by the 'bad guys' - are you
    >>> aware of any organisation which might be willing to look at same in
    >>> detail .............. just to rule it out, so to speak?

    >> No. I'm reasonably sure that there are enough individuals doing so
    >> that word would soon spread if anything untoward was found. A
    >> cyber-friend of mine just loved to do things like that - not out of
    >> suspicion, just out of curiosity - and publish his results. Since one
    >> such disclosure got him in legal trouble, and labeled as a terrorist,
    >> I'm not sure he publishes his findings anymore.
    >>
    >> I bet he still does the reverse engineering for his own edification.
    >>
    >> ...it's sad really when the law helps the bad guys more than the
    >> good guys.
    >>

    > Thanks, FTR.
    >
    > The bad guys *always* make mistakes (good guys do too - but they simply
    > say "Ooops! Sorry")
    >
    > I am NOT saying that Prevx isn't bonio fido, but please look here
    > https://www.cleverbridge.com/53/?scope=checkout&id=Jh66JhIa33
    >
    > You will note a charge for VAT of 19%.
    >
    > It is mistakes like that which arouse my curiosity! <smile>
    > --
    > Dave

    Most odd. On my clean machine, that link no longer shows that error.

    It shows the error here, though:-

    https://www.cleverbridge.com/53/?sc...619b42ade8a42a4ea4715afdbb8ee&cfg=individuals

    VAT - 19% ? Trust their products? Not me!
    --
    Dave

    ~BD~, Feb 11, 2009