RE: Pre Exam Nerves....

Discussion in 'MCDST' started by LarryWestMCSD, Mar 28, 2007.

  1. Are you satisfied that you understand ALL of the items listed in the "skills
    being measured" section of the Preparation Guide?
    If so, and you actually only understand 80% or so, you will still pass.
    If you don't understand enough to answer the question "How do I [skill being
    measured]?" for each skill, then perhaps you need to postpone the exam until
    you do. It doesn't cost anything to reschedule (if at least a day in
    advance). I've done it so many times that the lady at the testing center said
    "glad you finally made it" when I show up.

    Otherwise, go for it and best wishes.

    LarryWestMCSD, Mar 28, 2007

  2. LarryWestMCSD

    catwalker63 Guest

    Irish_IT_hopeful piffled away vaguely:

    > I feel happy enough with what is required...I've installed and setup XP on
    > maybe 30 live machines, had to deal with all sorts of end-user problems
    > (connectivity, hardware, OS, apps), I've also done a lot of server side work
    > - NT4, Win2k/2k3 so I think I've got enough real world experience to think my
    > way through any question...if I fail then I'm sure it's because I'm not quite
    > ready. I think the experience of the exam is more daunting than the content!

    Most people agree that the hardest part of the exam is that last button
    to end the exam.
    --

    Catwalker
    MCNGP #43
    catwalker63, Mar 28, 2007

  3. LarryWestMCSD

    TheITGirl Guest

    "catwalker63" wrote:

    > Irish_IT_hopeful piffled away vaguely:
    >
    > > I feel happy enough with what is required...I've installed and setup XP on
    > > maybe 30 live machines, had to deal with all sorts of end-user problems
    > > (connectivity, hardware, OS, apps), I've also done a lot of server side work
    > > - NT4, Win2k/2k3 so I think I've got enough real world experience to think my
    > > way through any question...if I fail then I'm sure it's because I'm not quite
    > > ready. I think the experience of the exam is more daunting than the content!

    Hi Hopeful Irish Guy

    I'm a recently qualified MCDST - I quite understand your apprehension - I
    was SOOOO nervous when I took my first exam that half an hour into the exam I
    really needed the loo and had to sit with my legs crossed until I finished!

    You certainly seem to have plenty of real-world experience. You certainly
    have more experience installing XP than me - at my firm I use Altiris to
    image computers, and all I do is right click the computer, choose the Job
    Scheduling Wizard, and away I go!

    It may be worth getting one of the Exam Cram books to supplement your
    experience (IMO the one for the 70-271 exam is especially good) - here in
    England they are around £21 (about 30-35 euro?). With these you get a CD-ROM
    with 50 Measure Up questions on.

    Here is a link to CertGuard's "Cheapskate's Guide to Guilt-Free Practice
    Questions",
    http://certcities.com/editorial/features/print.asp?EditorialsID=26. This
    contains links to some free non-braindump practice questions (though one of
    the sites does contain advertisements for braindump sites).

    > Most people agree that the hardest part of the exam is that last button
    > to end the exam.
    > --
    >
    > Catwalker
    > MCNGP #43
    > www.mcngp.com
    > "Definitely not wearing any underwear."

    Catwalker is so right - the 30 seconds or so that the system takes to score
    your exam seems to last forever!

    Best of luck, and don't forget to post here and let us know how you got on!

    BTW I lurrve the Irish accent ...

    IT Girl MCDST
    TheITGirl, Mar 28, 2007